Re: what is a good average damage per game number?

by jonesy0218

Original Post

what is a good average damage per game number?

My average damage per game is around 220. I am not bad at this game but what would be considered good? I don't care about k/d (probably because mine is bad, lol- about .64)

Message 1 of 25 (42,022 Views)

★★★★ Pro

at least 500 - 600 Damage [ 4 - 5 kills].

My average is 327 damage.

when playing with friends or people that are playing as a team i can get up to 1200 damage. 

When playing with selfish player, hotdroppers that leave and people that don't have your back in general any where around  0 - 280 damage. 

Message 2 of 25 (42,012 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@aisthebestletter 0.

Because 0 times whatever number still makes 0, which is endless...
Message 3 of 25 (42,000 Views)

Champion

@aisthebestletter  depends how good you are i suppose.

I settle for nothing less than 1k damage minimum a game. I treat 2k+ as a good amount.

If you're a fairly new player I'd say you want to be 500-750 per game, that's seems to be the average for most of the rando's i play with.

Covering all ranges with your loadout and making use of grenades makes upping your avg damage output pretty damn easy.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 25 (41,976 Views)

Depends, I think at least 300-400 is a good amount of damage.
I'm not sure what my average damage dealt but I'm still a noob.
But i think we can say if you did 1000+ damage in a game, you did great.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 5 of 25 (41,962 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@aisthebestletter It really depends if you’re in the zone, how long a match takes, if you’ve got the right weapons and such.

I’ve had numerous matches where I died in first minute with over 500 damage, but also had games that lasted 12+ mins and barely grazing 400...
Message 6 of 25 (41,956 Views)

★★ Pro
@aisthebestletter I'm a decent player, and I'd say 500+ is excellent, but 200-350 is a decent amount as well. My average is 350, but I normally get around 450 - 500 a match.
Message 7 of 25 (41,948 Views)

★★★ Pro
@aisthebestletter If you're solo queue then anything over 100 is good imo, won't be getting those 4k badges anytime soon but atleast you didn't die without doing enough to down someone before you. Though you should try to be as aggressive as possible if you want to improve your skills and your kills and damage, you'll die a LOT this way but eventually it'll pay off trust me.
Message 8 of 25 (41,941 Views)

[ Edited ]

@aisthebestletterI’d imagine 1500+ a game is really really good. But I don’t feel like damage per game is an accurate reflection of skill neither is KD. Unless you’ve played a full season at your current skill level. If you play 800 games and were posting bad numbers but then play another 400 with decent, your average is going to be skewed lower.

Mine is really low right now, but when season 4 hits and it resets I’m sure I’ll be well above 500. I’m going into the 900-1200 range about every 2-3 games.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 25 (41,882 Views)

★★ Pro

Damage and K/D aren't good representations of "good players," IMO. I've had matches where I sat back and sniped for 1500+ damage with two kills. Other times I'm sweating my * off for 600 damage and four kills. The point is, you can control numbers in this game. Somebody's not "good" just because they hot drop and happen to get a gun before three people. I personally look at wins. How well do you play as a team to get the win? 

Message 10 of 25 (41,882 Views)