wattson buff idea - buff her fence when she ults

by gg123xyz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

wattson buff idea - buff her fence when she ults

★★ Pro

wattson is a good player, her fence works as a deterrent, but people walk through it and take only 7 damage points, its main use is to slow them down as they walk through it.

i want the fence to take 20 or 30 damage when people walk through the fence when wattson ults. her ult now just sits there and is pretty useless most of the time, in the 200 or so games a had so far as wattson its worked against gibraltar once. its main use is to serve as a target to draw out opponents shooting it like mirages dummy.

wattsons ult needs a buff of some sort to help her get more damage. u think of something. just do it.

Message 1 of 23 (1,393 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: wattson buff idea - buff her fence when she ults

★ Guide

I don't agree that Wattsons fences are useless. As mentioned before I think they just need to be tactically positioned to be effective, so the base cannot be shot. 

In some scenarios this is easier said than done but then you just don't set it up there. Likewise to some legends the fences are not an obstacle (Wraith, Pathfinder etc) but then everything needs a counter. Going back to getting shot it's exactly the same as Caustics trap and if they are planted in the open they are shot just as easy, if not easier. 

In regards to her ultimate you could argue it's not spectacular early/mid game but come end game and dealing with grenade spam it serves a purpose. That and the fact I've heard they are stackable so you could have 3 all charging your shields quicker makes it useful, not forgetting they charge instantly with the ultimate accelerant.

View in thread

Message 22 of 23 (1,368 Views)

All Replies

Champion

Perhaps it could sap enemy shields for a couple of seconds if they run through it? And further distribute this to the squads shield regeneration? Only talking by a small amount like we don't anything too crazy haha.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 23 (1,376 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I'm not very good with her but so far I quite like Wattson. Her kit allows for effective mid-range fighting and her character size makes her viable in close range as well. Tricky to use her fence effectively but I'd rather take the time to experiment with her before buffing a new character.

Message 3 of 23 (1,369 Views)

★ Guide

She's absolutely pointless. 

Her fence is absolutely pointless, you can see it from a mile away and shoot it down in 1 shot. 

Her ult is pretty much pointless, needs faster shield regen to serve any purpose. 

Honestly she's just a pointless character I'll never use. 

Message 4 of 23 (1,360 Views)

★★ Pro

Everyone complaining about shooting the fences being too easy : A good Wattson will place fences somewhere where you have to walk THROUGH them to shoot them.  Other than clever use, her tactical isn't very useful - but a pathfinder grappling thin air, a wraith using her tactical as though it makes her permanently bulletproof out in the open, a lifeline using her healbot when you're trying to creep around: these are equally useless.

Every complaint I've seen about Wattson being bad suggests that the players playing Wattson in the examples is bad at playing her.

Message 5 of 23 (1,341 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

to stop hacking isnt the focus of this thread. hacking is akin to witchcraft, witchcraft translates to the word rebel, and how can you stop rebels is the real question, meaning to stop hacker you have to stop the root word of hacker - the witch the rebel.

how do you you stop witchcraft, and a game isnt going to do that i think it isnt the place of a game to do that.

if you want no hackers buy a ps4 and game apex legends on that.

what i want for wattson is she be buffed to give more damage somehow. her useless ult is one way she can be buffed. now i know the super wattson can do all things and walk on water i dont think the regular wattson can do much with wattsons ultimate tbh.

even increase her shield repair would help, thats something useful for her ult to do.

wattson rollin in with her buffed shield repair ult;

Message 6 of 23 (1,329 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

All the people that have been crying about grenades killing them since the game came out respawn answers that with Watson and now stoping grenades and slowly charging shields is not enough 

Message 7 of 23 (1,304 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Her fence is weak (saying this so many times).

Today, most player tend to not crossing electric fence (naturall instict), but just like caustic trap, the more people realize it's weak, they will just barge in.

Her fence work if she zip zap like a star or unpredictable pattern (not cube or simply line) , it will cause confusion to player on how to suppose to navigate, slow them down since they either has to navigate or disable the pole, create blur vision when shooting, basically creating distraction.

I like the idea of stealing enemy shield. So -10 shield damage to enemy and +10 shield recharge to Wattson and her teams (when her team mate and ultimate is nearby).

- If there's only fence, only Wattson get recharge.

- If there's fence and ultimate, all her team mate surrounding the ultimate get recharged.

- if enemy has no shield, it will knock down instantly.

I think this's make sense since she is a master of quantum mechanic, right?

Message 8 of 23 (1,292 Views)

★★ Pro

Her fence isn't meant to be a mechanic that KILLS you - it's meant to mean that if someone crosses the barrier infront of another player : they're dead because they've got the arcstar effect stopping them from aiming effectively.

She is a great character but has to be used well. Not just a win button that people want her to be so there's a "latest meta".

Message 9 of 23 (1,275 Views)

★ Apprentice
@asukojo - if enemy has no shield, it will knock down instantly.

I like that one buff alone...if you have no shield, you can't go through it...
Message 10 of 23 (1,271 Views)