watch a game of apex legends, as gibraltar

by gg123xyz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

watch a game of apex legends, as gibraltar

★★ Pro

i dont know if the resolution is too low. if it is tell me and i will increase the picture quality.

Message 1 of 16 (1,537 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: watch a game of apex legends, as gibraltar

If you try to record a game, try recording in at least 720p, 480p is possible but will look odd on modern monitors.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 16 (1,516 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

unwatchable 

Message 2 of 16 (1,526 Views)

If you try to record a game, try recording in at least 720p, 480p is possible but will look odd on modern monitors.

Message 3 of 16 (1,517 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

fyi i made a video showing my settings. helpful to see how your hw is doing when playing a game, everyone wants to see stuff like this;

video deleted because it was updated. new video below/

Message 4 of 16 (1,501 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, does disabling real-time protection make much of a performance difference? I know nothing should be installing while you're playing Apex, but we tend to prefer to be paranoid about such things. Can you try playing without disabling it and see if anything changes much? That way you'll have more peace of mind too :D

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 16 (1,455 Views)

★★ Pro

yeah i will try that now. heres a video recorded at 720 a few minutes ago;

Message 6 of 16 (1,437 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

here's the game, 720p, with the windows defender real time antivirus on, and it hit 90+ percent cpu a few times, and, the previous video went to 70 + percent twice briefly.

so the real time antivirus does take a toll on the cpu, i spent most of the video looking for a gun i could use, heh Standard smile;

Message 7 of 16 (1,420 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

i just finished this game a few minutes ago. good to watch the cpu to see if it goes to 90 percent, the real time antivirus is off, its 720p;

Message 8 of 16 (1,373 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

i updated my recording the game and seeing the hw statistics video below so i will post the links below;

video deleted. instructions updated, new video link below in new post

i thought i would get 100 fps or so on the drop with my gtx 1060 6gb, i overclocked it and still no, i did some research and i think it takes a gtx 2070 to get 144 fps on the drop and all through the game. my pc hw is a gtx 1060 6gb, i4790 cpu, 16gb ram, ssd for windows and another ssd for recording the game, win 10 64.

Message 9 of 16 (1,151 Views)

Hey @gg123xyz 

I see you only have a High GPU Usage in the videos, reasons ofc Apex Legends and recording.
What is perfectly normal for a GPU, I got a 2070 OC that is always maxing out on usage.

The only thing that could be bad for PC components is high temps, but I'm not able to see that in the video.

GPU / CPU usage can depend on the area you are playing in but in both video's.
With and without Real time protection enabled is nothing wrong you your statistics.

I looked in both video's for the highest % Usage (In combat, not looting) and found this.

With antivirus on:                 With Antivirus turned off:
GPU Usage: 88%                  GPU Usage: 95%

CPU usage: 61%                    CPU Usage: 70%

As you can see these Usages say more of the environment then Real time protection / Windows Defender in general.

I'll leave a link to show windows defender in general is not really using that much of you CPU.

Techlore - Does Windows Defender Slow Down Your PC?

Online showing you disable your Real time protection is something that is really dangerous.
And leaves you pc vulnerable when playing Apex legends, background programs can execute code without you knowing.

I strongly recommend to leave this feature on as prevention is better than cure. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
In the end you decide but you better take our word Embarrassed

Message 10 of 16 (1,125 Views)