want to see what achievements I've got so far in Kingdom Of Amalur Reckoning bu

by edtheaminal

Original Post

Accepted Solution

want to see what achievements I've got so far in Kingdom Of Amalur Reckoning bu

★ Apprentice

Some of the other games are showing the achievements but not this one or even a few more just are not listed.  I'm finding Origin a real headache to try and work with and in.  It just has nothing to help you navigate.  just store and view game to play it.  SAD Frown   but I really would like to find out what achievements I've earned so far in game.

Message 1 of 4 (545 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: want to see what achievements I've got so far in Kingdom Of Amalur Reckonin

@edtheaminal indeed, the achievements do appear in-game. From what i recall, those achievements also granted some bonus to skills and attributes. I am not sure, though, as it's a lifetime since i've played the game.

The thing is: the dev sets the achievements on various platforms, but with the original dev gone and the IP changing hands, it's highly unlikely to see them on any platform that did not had them implemented already.

EA still has the publishing rights for the original, for now. That might change, once the remaster is released. But we don't know the specifics of the deal made by THQ Nordic with the previous IP owners. Only the fact that they can make sequels and remaster the original. The unknown is what it will happen with the publishing rights for the original. 

EA never owned the IP and their only involvement was publishing the game. So they can't intervene and change anything, especially now, when KOA has a new owner. 

It would probably a good idea to inquire the THQ Nordic support about the missing achievements in Origin for the original game. Maybe they will add them, as THQ Nordic also sells games through the Origin store, too. Worth a look into it, i'd say.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (466 Views)

All Replies

@edtheaminal sadly, the game was only published by EA. The developer is long gone by now and the IP is owned by a different company.

EA is still the publisher for the original version, but in august a remastered version of KOA will be launched. I highly doubt that the original KOA will have achievements on Origin, or even if will still be available for sale. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 4 (508 Views)

★ Apprentice

Origin has a place to show achievements but for some reason Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning isn't on it.  but you see yourself earning them ingame.  There has to be somewhere that you can tell what achievements you've earned and not.

Message 3 of 4 (494 Views)

@edtheaminal indeed, the achievements do appear in-game. From what i recall, those achievements also granted some bonus to skills and attributes. I am not sure, though, as it's a lifetime since i've played the game.

The thing is: the dev sets the achievements on various platforms, but with the original dev gone and the IP changing hands, it's highly unlikely to see them on any platform that did not had them implemented already.

EA still has the publishing rights for the original, for now. That might change, once the remaster is released. But we don't know the specifics of the deal made by THQ Nordic with the previous IP owners. Only the fact that they can make sequels and remaster the original. The unknown is what it will happen with the publishing rights for the original. 

EA never owned the IP and their only involvement was publishing the game. So they can't intervene and change anything, especially now, when KOA has a new owner. 

It would probably a good idea to inquire the THQ Nordic support about the missing achievements in Origin for the original game. Maybe they will add them, as THQ Nordic also sells games through the Origin store, too. Worth a look into it, i'd say.

Message 4 of 4 (467 Views)