Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

voice lines changed or missing

by SatheA
Reply

Original Post

Highlighted

voice lines changed or missing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Please tell me you haven't spent time and effort on re-recording voice lines for strongholds. The "for morale" part in Temple of Scar is gone. "Big a.. bugs" at the end of Tyrant Mine was replaced. Not teen rated? Just curious.

Message 1 of 20 (198 Views)

Re: voice lines changed or missing


@SatheA wrote:

Please tell me you haven't spent time and effort on re-recording voice lines for strongholds. The "for morale" part in Temple of Scar is gone. "Big a.. bugs" at the end of Tyrant Mine was replaced. Not teen rated? Just curious.


Strongholds have had different selections of lines from the start, certainly for Heart of Rage.

 

Noticed more on Tyrant Mine yesterday, I think it freshens it up.

 

What's the objection here? Oops

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 2 of 20 (180 Views)

Re: voice lines changed or missing

Champion

So I haven't been imagining hearing new banter?

I always enjoyed the variations in the conversations, especially with the great job the voice actors imo did.

You can hear how everyone rolls their eyes at Sev in Temple.


"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 3 of 20 (174 Views)

Re: voice lines changed or missing

★★★ Apprentice
The objection in here is, they have a big todo list but instead of solving their biggest issues they put resources into changing voice lines, lol

I don’t want that omelette
Message 4 of 20 (172 Views)

Re: voice lines changed or missing

★ Apprentice

Because voice actors are totally the ones fixing the bugs . 

Seriously  you whiners are fairly shallow in your understanding of how things work in the real world.

 

Always unhappy unless you have something to cry about  What you gonna do when there's nothing to whine over  can't be play the game because complaining about * IS your game  

Message 5 of 20 (155 Views)

Re: voice lines changed or missing


@Quinxder wrote:
The objection in here is, they have a big todo list but instead of solving their biggest issues they put resources into changing voice lines, lol

I don’t want that omelette

A game is a combination of multiple parts and you don't get to decide priorities. It's their 'to do list'.

 

We know the actors were in the studio recently recording more content, so it may have been convenient and straightforward to freshen up the conversation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't work for EA, but I adore BioWare's Mass Effect, Dragon Age & Anthem.
I can be found here on EA Answers HQ and on BSN forums: http://bsn.boards.net
Message 6 of 20 (151 Views)

Re: voice lines changed or missing

Champion

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

A game is a combination of multiple parts and you don't get to decide priorities. It's their 'to do list'.

 

We know the actors were in the studio recently recording more content, so it may have been convenient and straightforward to freshen up the conversation.


I can imagine the actors doing some lines just to get in the right mood for their characters and rehash what happened before. There wouldn't be much point in wasting the material.

It's also possible the lines were already there and have been released just now.


"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 7 of 20 (139 Views)

Re: voice lines changed or missing

★★★ Apprentice

@Z0mbieBabyJesus wrote:

Because voice actors are totally the ones fixing the bugs . 

Seriously  you whiners are fairly shallow in your understanding of how things work in the real world.

 

Always unhappy unless you have something to cry about  What you gonna do when there's nothing to whine over  can't be play the game because complaining about * IS your game  


I‘m pretty sure the voice actor record and implement all the lines by themselves. Lol 

 

I‘m always happy about TD2, that was easy to prove you wrong.

Message 8 of 20 (137 Views)

Re: voice lines changed or missing

★★★ Apprentice

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

@Quinxder wrote:
The objection in here is, they have a big todo list but instead of solving their biggest issues they put resources into changing voice lines, lol

I don’t want that omelette

A game is a combination of multiple parts and you don't get to decide priorities. It's their 'to do list'.

 

We know the actors were in the studio recently recording more content, so it may have been convenient and straightforward to freshen up the conversation.


Sure it is. It’s also their decision whether or not to bring back players Standard smile

 

Maybe, maybe not. Regarding the state of the game, I‘d cancel anything until it’s at least at an acceptable state but anyway.

Message 9 of 20 (134 Views)

Re: voice lines changed or missing

Champion

@Quinxder wrote:

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

@Quinxder wrote:
The objection in here is, they have a big todo list but instead of solving their biggest issues they put resources into changing voice lines, lol

I don’t want that omelette

A game is a combination of multiple parts and you don't get to decide priorities. It's their 'to do list'.

 

We know the actors were in the studio recently recording more content, so it may have been convenient and straightforward to freshen up the conversation.


Sure it is. It’s also their decision whether or not to bring back players Standard smile

 

Maybe, maybe not. Regarding the state of the game, I‘d cancel anything until it’s at least at an acceptable state but anyway.


So, what would you work on? In the other thread, it sounded like you saw loot as the by far most pressing problem, and other problems should be neglected until that was fixed. (Please correct me if I got that wrong, but you haven't contradicted that summary on the other thread so far.)

Would you send everyone else not working on loot home?


"From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire."

[Robert Frost - Fire and Ice]

I don't work for EA. The opinions I express are my own.
Message 10 of 20 (120 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help