Re: video: i should have 2 kills but team mate got last shot and i got squat

by full951

Original Post

Accepted Solution

video: i should have 2 kills but team mate got last shot and i got squat

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

if i shoot up an enemy and theyre about to die, an my buddy shoots and they die by their bullet, i still want a kill credit, please, overwatch does this. itll take a few minutes for the video to go 1080p 60;

Message 1 of 8 (441 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide
You get credit for exactly what you do. You get damage credit but you did not kill him so you do not get credit for that. This isn’t kiddie sports where everyone gets a trophy.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (437 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide
You get credit for exactly what you do. You get damage credit but you did not kill him so you do not get credit for that. This isn’t kiddie sports where everyone gets a trophy.
Message 2 of 8 (438 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Overwatch is quite different from Apex Legends. In Overwatch, you only have 2 teams. In apex legends you have 20. Most damage works in overwatch because the only other people who could finish the kill are your teammates, but in BR's you have dozens of other people from different teams that could finish the kill.

Apex Legends is a survival game. Finishing a kill is 100x better than doing damage. It's just like how long range sniping battles are kind of pointless because you can't finish anyone. Doing damage just doesn't really matter. Healing items are super abundant and it's very easy to get back up to full hp. I could do 700 damage to a single guy in a long range battle but it doesn't mean anything. In the end I'v done nothing more than waste a few of my meds, wasted ammo and given away my teams position which will probably lead to use getting quinta partied and killed.

Also, since it's a survival game, downing an enemy is super important regardless of whether you did 100% of the damage or the last 1 dmg. Anytime you down an enemy, you potentially save your teammate and cut down the kill time allowing you to loot and escape faster before the notorious third party comes and wipes your squad.

They can't copy/paste mechanics because the games are fundamentally different. I think last hitting is a very appropriate style of kill rewarding for this style of game. And if you're a consistant player, you should be getting your fair share of kills anyway. If you're really running into the problem where you're constantly getting a very disportionate ratio of dmg/kills then you should probably re-assess your playstyle because it's probably not as effective as you think. I'v seen people argue that damage is a better end-game stat than kills but it just isn't true. This isn't a race for the most dmg. Winning games require strategy and third partying teams to 'steal kills' and wipe the squads is a very effective way to win. All that matters is that the other players die and you're the last team standing.

Message 3 of 8 (376 Views)

★★★★ Guide

you Do get Credit. 

it's called Damage Done. everyone knows someone with high damage done and low kills did all the heavy lifting especially if your team mates end up with high kills and low damage done. 

Message 4 of 8 (390 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

you didn't even get most damage done. you barely did enough damage to kill one person with armor on. no one stole anything from you in the example you provided. 

Message 5 of 8 (387 Views)

★ Guide
Maybe if you had actually hit your shots you would’ve gotten the kill..
Message 6 of 8 (345 Views)

★★★ Guide

So if you almost killed an enemy and another team gets the final bullet would you still want kill credit? I personally don't care if I get the kill or not as long as the enemy is out of the way, I think it's called team work but I could be wrong.

Message 7 of 8 (325 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

on octane where i used my finisher i had it down to 1 more shot and then the pathfinder took a shot. the other one with lifeline i think i was close to killing her but pathfinder took the kill again but this one was fair imo, but octane, man that burned me.

Message 8 of 8 (303 Views)