Original Post

uneven gunplay-shoot first die first

★★★ Apprentice

Watch this video this is unfair.

https://youtu.be/rzT7IT6QKE0

Message 1 of 12 (863 Views)

Re: uneven gunplay-shoot first die first

★★★★★ Pro
@ironbeast74 want an honest answer or a diplomatic one?
Message 2 of 12 (821 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Going against smg at that range, they will outgun you if you not quick enough. I have always sort of hated this shoot first die first kind of thing meself though, and have always preferred playing on hardcore mode in BF games.

There are a few good HC portal servers for CQ mode that I mostly play on now, which also helps 2042 stop feeling more like COD, because people are more careful instead of seeing run slide jump on repeat

Message 3 of 12 (817 Views)

★ Expert
@ironbeast74

It was against a console player. You will lose most of those gunfights anyway if your aim is not at least as good as the auto aim for consoles.
But with that few players around, turning crossplay off is also no option at the moment I guess.
Message 4 of 12 (787 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@ironbeast74 yeah, a few things.

PP-29 with higher RoF and w/ headshot
Shooting Irish who may have armor
Player on console, you on PC

The more alarming one was needing 26 rounds to kill the guy near the end of the video. TTK vs TTD is really wacky right now.

Message 5 of 12 (758 Views)

we could say aim assist, because thats easy. but i just dont feel it in my bones. ive seen to much of this myself, and read complaints here and there, and seen multitude of videos. I really believe netcode or sync with the server, what ever you wanna call it is so bad. I believe a large amount of time, what you are seeing on your monitor isnt really what the server is claiming to be happening. I believe that you DID NOT shoot first, even tho thats what it looks like. as you are dead he runs up the hill reloading, yet i never really saw him shoot at all.  broken. if this game cant even track exp progress for season 1 badge right... imagine it cant even count damage in gun play right, seems logical. lol  if there is a bug that caused the damage you did to him to actually apply to yourself I wouldnt be surprised. Maybe the game just uses rng to calculate the outcome of fights.....

Message 6 of 12 (716 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@GovntTookMyBaby the game compensates for the higher ping too much. Tie goes to the high ping player. Crossplay netcode is also flawed because there is input compensation as well.

The worst combination is Console Player + Aim Assist > Lag Comp >> PC Player, the next worst is PC Player > Lag Comp >> Console Player.

The only relatively even firefights are Console vs Console and PC vs PC.
Message 7 of 12 (683 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@DuaneDibbley wrote:
@ironbeast74

It was against a console player. You will lose most of those gunfights anyway if your aim is not at least as good as the auto aim for consoles.

Wait… there’s an auto aim?

Message 8 of 12 (665 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@SleepyWeasel68 Technically it’s called Aim Assist, however the last patch turned it up. Turned it up too much IMO, 90% of my deaths as a PC player are to consoles. If 30% of players are on console, then that percentage shouldn’t be that high. Most of it is bad desync as covered in other posts.
Message 9 of 12 (654 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@ATFGunr Well apparently mine is turned off. Half the time, the end of my barrel is swinging wilder that a loose fire hose.
Message 10 of 12 (640 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help