Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

understanding armor

by buddahcjcc

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

understanding armor

★★★★★ Guide

Ok, if I add up all the armor in my components do I get a rough idea of how much armor my javelin has?
(cause if I google Anthem armor I come up with replies about the cosmetics and Im not trying to talk about that, Im talking mechanical armor)

Message 1 of 7 (346 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: understanding armor

★★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately we have no idea what our base HPs are for each Javelin.  So assuming we start with 0, the only items that give a raw number are components. 

What I do is If I add the armor from those to get your base, then add your +% max armor items and multiply that by your modified base armor, I get an armor amount. 

I use that to decide if I want to use a universal item with far less raw armor/shields but it has a +% to either or both, it might come out better than the suit specific component.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (329 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately we have no idea what our base HPs are for each Javelin.  So assuming we start with 0, the only items that give a raw number are components. 

What I do is If I add the armor from those to get your base, then add your +% max armor items and multiply that by your modified base armor, I get an armor amount. 

I use that to decide if I want to use a universal item with far less raw armor/shields but it has a +% to either or both, it might come out better than the suit specific component.

Message 2 of 7 (330 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

I thought armor was 100% cosmetic.

Message 3 of 7 (317 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

@grffnhwk wrote:

I was just trying to get a base idea of how much armor my Colossus has as I have like 3 +80% armor items on at the moment. Also, Im assuming for Colossus the shield stat pertains to when you have your shield out? Cause you dont seem to have a shield per se like say Storm does (I mained my Storm and am trying out Colossus)

Message 4 of 7 (301 Views)
Highlighted

★ Pro

Correct. Shield is for the physical shield (also incredibly useful to have). As for actual numbers, as already said, we don’t really know until we get a stat screen. If you are struggling with survival stack more (like duh, that’s obvious). I like to have at least 70-100%+ armor and shield, generally.

Message 5 of 7 (283 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

@Banfilidh wrote:

Correct. Shield is for the physical shield (also incredibly useful to have). As for actual numbers, as already said, we don’t really know until we get a stat screen. If you are struggling with survival stack more (like duh, that’s obvious). I like to have at least 70-100%+ armor and shield, generally.

I have three masterworks that increase armor by 80% I was just curious if I could math that number even without a stat screen lol

Message 6 of 7 (256 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

In the stream they did about the incoming patch 1.4, Bioware / EA have shown that all items equipped will be visible at once and explained that it this would be a step closer to having a stats page eventually - in this they did explain they have planned a series of steps to get the game improved gradually (we already know that patches themselves can cause further issues despite the testing they do, so it does seem sound for them to take it slow and steady!).

Message 7 of 7 (210 Views)
Twitter Stream