Re: too long TIME to wait AFTER THE LAST SERVERS BALANCE ADJUSTMENT

by Edairman198526

Original Post

too long TIME to wait AFTER THE LAST SERVERS BALANCE ADJUSTMENT

★★ Apprentice

I understand that balancing the 5vs5 in dogfight is a priority, but there is too much waiting time compared to previous balancing. 10min error and start again ...., in an hour I have barely played 3 games, so it is impossible.

Message 1 of 10 (1,216 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That's EA's way of saying, "Hey, we have your money...now **** off! Any player that dares raise their skills above the lowest common denominator will be suppressed, in order to attract the maximum amount of suckers...who will then in turn be driven off, if they stick around long enough to show any aptitude. But, thanks for buying our bug fest of a game and serving as unpaid beta testers, for a game that will be abandoned, after a few half-hearted misguided stabs at balancing and fixes, ending up more a mess than it was when released. It's better for us if you quickly tire of a game, and fork out more cash for the next disappointment we'll be begging you to preorder. Have a nice day!"

Message 2 of 10 (1,197 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@mezanu the first day of this, the matches made me a little more patient because the were intense. My boy and I were trying to play yesterday and we couldn't even get a match. Kept timing out every 10 minutes.

I was pretty mad about them continuing to nerf my awing but at least at the point I could play a match. Now it doesn't even matter that they ruined my favorite ship because I can't play a match even if I want to.

Stupid.
Message 3 of 10 (1,175 Views)

★★★ Guide
@RTW702 the matchmaking was fine last week and now it's completely messed up.
Message 4 of 10 (1,159 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Holy cow they screwed it up. It takes upwards of five minutes per search now, and the balance is even more off than it was before. My friends and I used to have pretty balanced win/loss ratio. Now we just keep getting utterly destroyed. I’m lucky to get one kill per match anymore. What were the devs thinking?!

Message 5 of 10 (1,149 Views)

★★★ Guide
@DarthZiplock I hope this issue gets addressed soon. So disappointed they took this road with the recent patch when it was just fine before.
Message 6 of 10 (1,139 Views)

★★ Guide

Wait times are surprisingly long once again. I appreciate the challenges - but perhaps if you reduced the leaver penalty when there is less people playing it may help?

Message 7 of 10 (995 Views)

★★ Apprentice

My wait times have all been about 1:30 tonight.

Message 8 of 10 (980 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Today at least 5 minutes waiting for me.
More leavers, I think there are many times due to the balances, and because they always match with the same players leave end up boring , on other occasions due to the fact that you meet organized clans on the enemy team.

Rummarizing, more time waiting, more organized clans, more dropouts, totally bad balances (same as before), maybe it would be better than the lobi not to have adjusted anything .....

Message 9 of 10 (956 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes, after the Feb 24 matchmaking update and server--side balancing update, I have continuously noted the below observations when trying to join a Dogfight match:

• Wait times now are multiple-times long than just prior to join match. Previously 1:30-2:00 min at longest, now 5-6 minutes or longer after the update
  • Matchmaking is very different, and I would say incorrect. Ex/ 3 players ranked 8 or lower (inexperienced), one player ranked 80, another ranked over 100 going up against an opposing team with 3 players are ranked over 100, and 1 player is ranked over 200, another is ranked over 300. The team with the larger number of inexperienced payers gets destroyed. This has happened repeatedly, and did not happen prior to 24-FEB.
  • Due to the ranking mismatch and wait times- players on the lower ranked team will leave before the game starts due to impending loss, which drags out the team matchmaking and loading.
  • I have also seen a smaller number of instances where there will be one relatively high ranked player one each team, with balance of team being low ranked. Also different than prior to Feb 24
  • I think that some high ranked people are starting over at low rank, just to "game" the matchmaking system ("smurf" players- high-skilled gamer playing with a new profile within a lower-level character). This further confounds the dogfight matchmaking and all of the above.
  • 15-MAR-2021 update did not appear to change the above

EA, are there plans to address this? I think that the above is strongly discouraging customers from playing the game.

Message 10 of 10 (828 Views)