Re: this should be a a thing

by TheSprinter85

Original Post

Accepted Solution

this should be a a thing

★ Apprentice

people purposely kill them self in the hot cheese, can you change it so i counts as your kill?

Message 1 of 7 (588 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Expert
Message 4 of 7 (458 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

Agreed. If you're attacking someone and they commit suicide like this, the opposing players that shot them should get credit for vanquish, assists, and so on. In Paladins when a player flies off the edge of a board, the last player to shoot them gets the kill credit and you get elimination credit if you shot them before they fall off or get vanquished by map features.

Message 2 of 7 (547 Views)

Champion

I do admit falling into cheese deliberately in order to vanquish myself, more often than I should as well, to avoid other players getting the vanquish on me when I know that I’m going to go down. 

Something I find a bit odd is this. Riddle me this. Why does jumping off a cliff, into a pit or into water instantly vanquish you, and the enemy who last dealt damage to you gets the vanquish upon you, while cheese does not instantly vanquish you, but no enemies gets the vanquish on you no matter how much damage you took from them when you get vanquished by cheese? Makes no sense honestly. 

Allowing players to get vanquishes or vanquish assists with enemies being vanquished by cheese (and other hazards) makes more sense, and would also prevent me from suiciding myself in cheese when I know I am about to be vanquished.

Message 3 of 7 (521 Views)

★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 Lost all respect.
Message 4 of 7 (459 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Gormey  I like to cheese it, cheese it ... ! Standard smile

Message 5 of 7 (426 Views)

★ Guide

To answer your question: when jumping off a cliff to avoid being killed by a player the game takes the damage you took from that player and transfers you death to the enemy as a kill because you took damage from them THEN died so the game reads that as a player killing you instantly (To avoid this JUMP then fall of the cliff so the game resets the damage you took from a player and make sure you don't take damage on the way down) The cheese actually DOES damage without actually killing you instantly. So the game reads that as the cheese killing you and not a player. I could go more into detail but it would be more confusing.

@TheSprinter85 wrote:

Something I find a bit odd is this. Riddle me this. Why does jumping off a cliff, into a pit or into water instantly vanquish you, and the enemy who last dealt damage to you gets the vanquish upon you, while cheese does not instantly vanquish you, but no enemies gets the vanquish on you no matter how much damage you took from them when you get vanquished by cheese? Makes no sense honestly. 

Message 6 of 7 (416 Views)

Champion
@PvZfan121 Thank you for clarifying.
Message 7 of 7 (392 Views)