these people get more dumb the deeper in plat you rank up

by apjj

Original Post

these people get more dumb the deeper in plat you rank up

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

im plat 4. i solo win myself to plat 3. then yall give me the most braindead uncarriable trash ive ever seen and i derank. rinse repeat.. i keep getting to * mic having, mirage picking, 0 damage andys. PLEASE. [Edit - Admin.] and before you say get good. this happens on 2 different accounts. same thing. i rank up then get * teammates. derank, get a really good win by myself then rank up and then back to *. im losing my mind playing ranked.

Message 1 of 10 (664 Views)

Re: these people get more dumb the deeper in plat you rank up

★★★ Pro
@apjj I understand that this is very frustrating but please try to remember to keep your posts on here as clean as possible, I'm not telling you off but its just a bit of advice!

I find Plat solo very hard too, it can be so frustrating at times when you get paired up with teammates that don't seem to be as serious as you.

My advice, try and stick with them or communicate cleanly with them, sometimes they listen and will actually try and help you. If they don't, then do your own thing, don't worry about them and try to get positive points before moving onto the next game where maybe your luck will get better.

Or, another option would be to use the 'find a squad' category on the forums to see if you can meet some new people. This may stop you from having to solo queue so much!
Message 2 of 10 (645 Views)

★★ Guide
@apjj I feel your pain man, ive made this point and several others about the broken rank system.
Feel free to add me on origin if you wanna squad with someone whos serious about leaving platinum toxic behind.
Message 3 of 10 (580 Views)

@apjj there are different ways of climbing, but climbing out of plat is pretty easy by simply making good decisions. The other way to climb is if you eliminate half the lobby the way solo q legends like shivfps do, but your movement and aim would have to be on that level. Watch the pros and streamers and learn from them, I'm sure you'll get the hang of making good decisions
Message 4 of 10 (555 Views)

★★★ Expert

I’ll be honest, I abandon most of my ranked games now.  The ten minutes of peace is worth more than waiting once you are down.

People aren’t playing ranked to win anymore.

Message 5 of 10 (541 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@KelRiever I can't even imagine the state of ranked right now. Back when it first came out, I ranked up to Plat within a day, and then every single team I played with in Plat wanted to sit in a corner and hide instead of fight. 7 games of LITERAL NOTHING for 15 minutes straight every game. Atrociously boring. 

Message 6 of 10 (531 Views)

★★★ Expert

@pastaclown @I don’t want to judge too hard because it is season end.  Right now it’s the opposite, a bunch of plat IV and diamond IV just hit dropping and blowing all whatever rank points they would even have gained.

The strategy is gone, neither hiding nor good, smart fighting that gets your adrenaline running.  I just came off a game I played basically solo to second with Lova because I knew my team mates would get themselves killed with 30 seconds.  Yes I has to move run and hide but by final 4 it was way more fun fighting. So I basically had to play 10 min of sad to get 5 min of fun.

Message 7 of 10 (526 Views)

@apjj Hey, I'm not brain dead, I have zombie brain.. two entirely different things.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 10 (504 Views)

★ Expert
@apjj God Plat 4 teammates are just the worse. I got two teammates that for some reason keeps peeking even though they know the enemy team is just waiting in the corner. I think their train of thought was "Hmmm they melted my shield after I peeked....better peek again just to be sure!"
Message 9 of 10 (480 Views)

★★ Guide
@apjj I know how you feel.
Message 10 of 10 (468 Views)