Re: the digital threat and gold sniper optics

by KarvaRausku

Original Post

★★★★ Guide

I have mixed feelings about them. I can never fully get my head around their balance implications. Being able to see through smoke and gas or other visual noise is pretty big, and to have such a big bonus you would think that the compatible weapons would have another drawback to bring them in line with weapons that don't have these attachments. For example the consensus that I'm getting from better players is that R-99>R-301 and Wingman>30-30 Repeater, perhaps even before the highlighting sights are factored in.

Whereas most of the time the game doesn't try to push certain legends toward particular weapon preferences, these attachments are technically less useful to someone like Bloodhound. And while most weapons aren't treated as specific legend counters, these attachments are very much hard counters to benefits offered to Bangalore and Caustic. If the DT is available at the replicator, it's a bad day to pick them.

I don't want to see these sights removed as I appreciate BR games for their chaos more than their balance but rather, I'd prefer to see more grenades/deployables/attachments that can grant legends the properties of other legends. Obviously I haven't thought these through in depth, but think in the vein of things like:

-Silence grenades (Rare, shorter version of Revenant tactical, probably not stackable as Fuse)

-Hologram. Single use item. Just like Mirage tactical but usable by anyone.

-Octane stim item. Combines Octanes tactical and passive with a slightly steeper initial HP cost. Regen stops once all health is refunded. Ineffective on actual Octane.

-Sticky camera. Essentially a throwable, immobile Crypto drone.

-Zipline kit. Do I even need to explain it.

You get the idea. If you look at the legend list you can come up with all sorts of items. If they rotated such things in and out between seasons, the devs could have more control over which legends are more/less appealing just as I feel these weapon sights do.

Message 11 of 20 (389 Views)

★ Guide
@MandatoryIDtag Yeah I use the Deuteranopia color blind setting. It's easier for the eyes.
Message 12 of 20 (374 Views)

Champion

@KarvaRausku I'm on tritantopia for that exact reason and yet digi still remains red, despite all other red assets being yellow. :S

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 13 of 20 (359 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@ILostT0Lobai wish it was rainbow color neon with sparkles and a unicorn head. git them sparkly unicorn rainbow people, grr. leave the red and blue people alone.

Message 14 of 20 (347 Views)

Champion

@gg123xyz  you after accessories to match that kawaii skin? Tongue out

Message 15 of 20 (342 Views)

★★ Pro
@MandatoryIDtag do you mean the wattson elf costume? maybe what do you have.
Message 16 of 20 (335 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@cooperal1012 I never thought about special items to give one-time abilities to other legends, but I was thinking they might make Bangalore immune to Caustic's gas after she recovers from the vine disease.

Message 17 of 20 (327 Views)

Champion

@gg123xyz  noooo its an actual wattson skin lol, included a picture in link.

I do have the elf one though incidentally.

Message 18 of 20 (324 Views)

★★ Pro
@MandatoryIDtag i don't have the kawaii skin. i mainly use the elf skin because i like to think about what the opponent thinks as they step up to fight then see this elf running at them.
Message 19 of 20 (301 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@hayhorThe lasering I could do! I've lasered with the normal Ranger before so getting a gold one would be heavenly lol.
I wish they'd give all the guns the highlight like they did in Battlefield. You had to work to unlock it (get so many kills with that gun), but it was still available on every weapon.

Message 20 of 20 (254 Views)