Re: the colours of the new map hurts me. (No hate)

by ElBirri

Original Post

the colours of the new map hurts me. (No hate)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

So, i know i was a bit rude with my comments of the season 3 map. But this thread is not about that. I understand the new map is going to stay and really loved the night kings canyon. The thing is the season 3 have huge saturated colors on some zones (specially the bright grass). i am hypersensitive (like many other people) and the very strong lights and colours hurt my eyes. There is a few options for daltonic people (its a really great thing) so my question is... Can you add a tonemapper option or something like that? not to change the colours, only make it less "extreme".

I hope you think about it.

My apologies to any person offended with my comments.

Great day.

PD: i tried to adjust my monitor settings, but i cant "limit" the colours without a huge quality loss.

Message 1 of 11 (609 Views)

★★★ Expert

Yeah I second that, and I know there's some others here on the forums who's eyes get a bit irritated from the fluorescent lime green and yellow.

Message 2 of 11 (579 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I love the colors of the new map. So vibrant and alive! But do feel for people with color blindness or irritations. As bright sunlight does bother my eyes. I recently switched on the Tritanopia feature. To turn the reticles and crosshairs yellow for better visibility. It is weird seeing what used to be gold drops now red. Standard smile

Message 3 of 11 (567 Views)

★★★ Guide
@ColdHours i do the same thing. is hard to see damage dial and grenades when you are in snow zones
Message 4 of 11 (538 Views)

★★★ Expert

I wonder if more console players are complaining about the colors than PC players. TVs are usually worse than PC monitors. Also, the game probably doesn't have specific color profiles for each platform.

Message 5 of 11 (513 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DoYaSeeMe My tv is always in night mode so maybe that’s why I’m not bothered by it :P just put your monitors in darn night mode ppl!

Or else, get those yellow tinted glasses
Message 6 of 11 (507 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@DoYaSeeMe  I use a 7 year old Vizio television and 1st generation X-box one. It's not much. But everything still works okay.

Message 7 of 11 (498 Views)

@Adanmc95 I agree, I actually try to avoid the snowy areas of the map and some of the other bright colored areas. They are really pretty and everything, but I think the combination of playing for hours in front of a TV and the bright colors make my eyes start to water really bad.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 11 (485 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

I was playing in sRGB mode on my monitor yesterday which although it's slightly darker it does actually enhance the in-game feel of the game. It could be worth a try for others who are findinf the game a little bit bright, if you have that option.

Message 9 of 11 (477 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Just rub some good old dirt on your screen xD works wonders
Message 10 of 11 (455 Views)