supply ships and trains

by Alphabets

Original Post

supply ships and trains

★★★ Pro

You can see a new supply ship almost at the middle of the match enters the map (KC) with fresh loot. Considering that trains supposed to do the same thing in WE map and also based on the fact that WE is bigger than KC, shouldn't we have a second train or a new train with fresh loots mid game there?

Message 1 of 6 (353 Views)

Re: supply ships and trains

★ Guide

No, that's more what the vaults are for.

Message 2 of 6 (309 Views)

★★ Expert

@Alphabets supply ships and care packages are expressly for tactical benefit, through camping or securing the loot inside. They make excellent hot-zones for fast-paced heavy fire combat, and spawn during times when players will be rotating in the first place, giving players the choice of ignoring or moving towards "better loot". 

The train on the other hand, is pure Darwinism, survival of the luckiest, whoever makes it off the train usually has the best loot. It's randomly tactically advantageous due to orientation, travel direction, and ring placement, and for the most part completely unnecessary to either loot or control. There's no point to it respawning with more loot, because the level 1 ring is going to lock off most of its stops rendering it inaccessible anyway. 

Message 3 of 6 (304 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@SheepsKingThat was a good point, I forget about bunkers; however, while second Supply ship comes inside the zone, there is usually a good chance that both train and loot bunkers become unavailable because of the zone location. Also supply ships are open to everyone, but for bunkers you need to find a key as well.

@pastaclownYes, that is true, since on the supply ships you can see available loot and jump down if there was nothing left, but on the train you can open a bin to find gold armor and a weapon while another player might just find a knockdown shield opening the bin next to the first one; no one knows if they can get something good to fight or not, so people keep remaining on the train praying to get a good loot in next bin.

Message 4 of 6 (264 Views)

@Alphabets Yup I'm with @SheepsKing if they add another train I feel like it will be to much good stuff. 

Final rings on WE already involved multiple gold/red shields as it is most of the time. There are also typically some gold/care package weapons being used.  But it could an interesting addition, it definitely would become a hot spot.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 6 (230 Views)

Champion
@Alphabets I've always thought that after the train is initially looted, when it reaches a station and stops its crates should re-populate with loot. Nothing gold after the initial but if the crates closed and then had other stuff in them it would make for some interesting scenarios as people love to chase an unlimited train.
Message 6 of 6 (209 Views)