Re: spore 2

by Duckeatsbread

Original Post

★★ Novice
@Freggi-Liz Maxis Did NOT Shutdown At All Since It Still Releases Addons To Sims 4 And The Fact That "Many Years Ago" Is 5+ Years Ago Would Make You Saying Many Years Ago Incorrect Since Sims 4 Was Released 2014/15.
Message 11 of 27 (4,228 Views)

Message 12 of 27 (4,186 Views)

@Kaydenlock93 

Yes, I know that the Maxis Studio still exists. They only work and develop for Sims series

At that time there were two teams, some work on the Sims, others make games like Spore and Darkspore.
Exactly this Developer team from Spore, which was really specific and no longer exists. The management with Will Wright, Lucy Bradshaw, Thomas Vu, Dan, Guillaume Pierre lead gameplay scripter left the team gradually.

These developers are no longer there. The game is too complicated for many to develop and costs too much money.

Have you ever wondered, why there has been no update or successor to Spore since those days!

EA closed Maxis headquarters in Emeryville, California 2015

I don't work for EA, but I‘m the helping hands for Sims on Mac, Simpsons players …Ich arbeite NICHT für EA. Bin aber seit mehr als 20 Jahren mit EA/Maxis Spiele verbunden. Ich liebe das Mobile Gaming, besonders die Simpsons Springfield …

Die Simpsons Springfield -  Zeigt her euer Springfield

Die Sims 2 - Meine Stories

———-
Message 13 of 27 (4,191 Views)

★★★ Novice

oh that game (:

Message 14 of 27 (4,075 Views)

★★ Novice
@InvaderScoot please make spore 2
Message 15 of 27 (3,903 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is such a stupid comeback.

Message 16 of 27 (3,752 Views)

★★★ Novice

I really love Spore too and would love a sequel, but unfortunately it's probably not coming.  Instead, let's do our best to keep the community alive and thriving.  Original Spore with the DLC is already such a great game even with its flaws.  All it needs is an active fanbase to keep it going.  Our mission is to be that fanbase! ^w^

Message 17 of 27 (3,709 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've got hope now. Do you know a game named EvilGenius? It was developed by a studio in London, then the studio got bankcrupcy. But another studio bought the IP, who develops Sniper Elite. And now they are developing EvilGenius2! Long time from the Evil Genius origin was released in 2004. And dude, Spore was released in 2008. But what's more, the Evil Genius2 developing is being conducted by a fan from the old days. So the most hopeful happening may be that fans of Spore who also work in EA now have got the opportunity to develop Spore2. Anyway, considering the fact it's not impossible.

Message 18 of 27 (3,493 Views)

★ Apprentice
@sporeguy98 There will be no sequel unfortunately.
Message 19 of 27 (3,099 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@InvaderScoot just make a mod dude that makes the game like a sequel, that would mean less coding and a less likely chance that EA would sue you
Message 20 of 27 (2,145 Views)