split screen co-op in every mode! NOPE! a Lie!!

by goaharis

Original Post

split screen co-op in every mode! NOPE! a Lie!!

★★ Novice

Hi, I watched the trailer on Origin and the the same one on Steam and both say "split screen co-op in every mode"

Great, it will be fun to play with my 5 year old son as he only likes to play multiplayer co-op or split screen games with me he doesn't play alone. And I am tired of all the racing games that do work in split-screen. BUT AFTER SPENDING AN HOUR could not figure out where is the magic menu item. Guess what, it's not on PC the trailer is a lie to catch people like me into buying. Good I purchased it via Steam and was offered a refund no problem. However, have I exchanged for a refund too soon, is there "split screen co-op in every mode" ? Thanks.

Message 1 of 8 (632 Views)

Re: split screen co-op in every mode! NOPE! a Lie!!

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@goaharisYeah you should be able to play split screen. I know by playing on console that in the "news" screen down the bottom it shows buttons that correspond with what you would like to do. And there is an option for split screen?

Message 2 of 8 (620 Views)

★★ Novice
@Treesanity You know the PC version of the game is different. I think they haven't included split-screen on pc for same reason they didn't on any earlier PvsZ games. it's just such a pity.
Message 3 of 8 (611 Views)

★★ Guide
@goaharis then that's definitely a marketing scam, false marketing. Oh well glad you got the refund.
Message 4 of 8 (608 Views)

★★ Expert
@Treesanity Well I'm not knowledgable on PC. But I would say, playing with my siblings, that the quality of co-op is extremely poor. The FPS rates are really low and it's not the best experience. I mean, I would still do it, but the quality is not GW2 standards which is disappointing
Message 5 of 8 (521 Views)

★★ Guide

Coop would be fine on pc, if the machine was powerfull enough.

Also yes the screeenshots where showing coop, but afaik the tag got removed

Message 6 of 8 (496 Views)

★ Guide
@goaharis I think PopCap used the same trailer for the console and PC versions of the game. The reason PopCap doesn't support Split screen on the PC version because they think all PC setups are with a monitor. They didn't think that a PC can be hooked up to a projector or a TV. The trailer wasn't a lie to catch people to buy it. It was just an honest mistake by PopCap, they forgot to take out the part that says split screen. Hope this makes sense!
Message 7 of 8 (480 Views)

★★ Novice

yep, my pc is my console. I don't do anything else on it apart form gaming. It's hooked to a tv and starts right into a steam (big picture mode) when powered on and I have 4 Xbox one controllers.

There are so many reasons I don't like consoles and PC is in so many ways better. first is the graphics it's just more powerful hence prettier graphics, then frame rates, my friend used to own a PlayStation 4 and more demanding games were locked at 30 fps and it made me sick, some kind of motion sickness or something I don't know but I couldn't stand playing that. Now some tv's can do a respectable 120hz (120fps) and that is a treat of smoothness and some can also do variable refresh rate e.g, gsync or freesync. Another reason I have owned PCs for the last 20 years so my steam library is massive and so I would need to re-purchase a lot of games that I still play if I were to only own the console. another one - PC games are cheaper than console variants they are more often on sale I noticed. and another is upgradability, my PC is sort of never out of date, I replace the gpu every two years or so and processor every 5 years or so. I am with AMD so I get to keep the same motherboard. But I have suffered from this issue the missing split-screen option for as long as I can remember, developers always try to remove slit screen form PC game variants for an unknown reason. This is why when I see a trailer like this from PvZ with split screen I jump on it. I understand earlier they had to develop games separately so they would cut some work on PC versions as it is a less profitable market for the game developers. But now all ps4, Xbox one and PC are on the same architecture so porting is easy why remove features?

Message 8 of 8 (433 Views)