Accepted Solution

sould they add voice chat and or text chat when in game

★★★ Novice

it would be cool

Message 1 of 7 (1,120 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sould they add voice chat and or text chat when in game

★★ Guide

Most online CCGs only limit communication to simple emotes due to the tendency people have to be toxic when allowed to communicate. I assume Pop Cap wanted to avoid that whole mess. Would a chat beyond just the friends chat make the game better? I doubt it would really add that much that can't already be done by friending a person and it definitely avoid any toxicity, so my opinion is that no, they shouldn't add it.

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (1,530 Views)

All Replies

★ Pro

You can text chat with your opponents from friends list.

Message 2 of 7 (1,114 Views)

★★★ Novice
what if they are not your friend
Message 3 of 7 (1,096 Views)

★★ Guide

Most online CCGs only limit communication to simple emotes due to the tendency people have to be toxic when allowed to communicate. I assume Pop Cap wanted to avoid that whole mess. Would a chat beyond just the friends chat make the game better? I doubt it would really add that much that can't already be done by friending a person and it definitely avoid any toxicity, so my opinion is that no, they shouldn't add it.

Message 4 of 7 (1,531 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Yeah I second @Gabochido. Just imagine the level of psychological manipulation players would get involved in during a match.

Message 5 of 7 (1,080 Views)

★★★ Guide

I play Clash Royale, which has basic emotes, and people even manage to use those primarily for taunting rather than friendliness.  When we already have people who troll their opponent by disconnect-quitting rather than conceding, do we really need to add more ways for them to be poor sports?

Message 6 of 7 (1,005 Views)

★★★★ Novice

MicroB92 what a lame-* suggestion you wiener, you want a chat to people so you can ask them out on a date you loser!?!? AHHAHAHAHAH...

And that's just a small taste of the type of unpleasantness we would all undoubtedly encounter if players could speak.

Granted there has been times when I've lost and I've found it genuinely funny, something came out of the hat at the last minute that left me but naked with a stupid look on my face - it'd be nice to say a well done to that.  Of there's been times when I've been playing with someone, we got up to 15 or 16 brains\suns, it was a case of one card at a time, each of us slowly chipping away zombie for plant - again it'd be nice to share the experience to say "how long is this taking my friend!?"

But in general, the majority of interactions I have with people have been unkind.  Even when playing Pool online where the developers have limited the chat to friendly comments, some bum holes still but sarcastic comments when they're about to win like "You're so good!" "You can win, keep going" "lol

I like to imagine people are nice, so not to be disappointed.

MicroB92 - just for the record, I'm sure you're lovely and I was only being silly with the top of this email. XXXXXXXXXX

Message 7 of 7 (856 Views)