Re: so, scientist... why undiscussed?

by GammaX6

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@delete180And if the scientist gets buffed anymore without the sunflower also getting buffed, I don't think anyone on the plants team will really be having fun, but hey, maybe you will be! I think it might be worth it for you guys to read all of the replies, as I think most of them explain why exactly buffing him anymore wouldn't be such a good idea. Once again, hes supposed to be a healer, not an assassin. The entire zombie team right now is all attackers, including the scientist who is at the very top compared to some of them. I also disagree with warp being bad. It is by far one of the best abilities in the game with how sucky aiming is, it absolutely confuses any player if you use it right, its impossible to lock him down and take him out. Its cooldown is extremely fast. Now I'm not saying its always comfortable to use, but basically nothing in this game is. Oh and Just use sticky heal bomb on yourself to heal to full... while in combat.. The "selfish" scientist you seem to want is still really there, just play him more and you will probably be able to get the hang of him.

Message 21 of 33 (688 Views)

Champion (Retired)

With the shotgun spread upgrade and rapid fire upgrade enabled, he’s a very hard frag as any plant.  3 warps plus the ability to throw a healing sticky on an opponent that you can warp circles around.....?

He might not need a nerf but after playing with him yesterday evening, I’m certain doesn’t need any buffs.

Message 22 of 33 (666 Views)

★★ Novice
@brady3176 Huh, I guess that I'm an unusual exception for your "X is X" argument, as I don't bother as much to get any kills as a lone objective. I actually just do my best to keep my teammates up and at'em because I know that this is what these respective characters' purposes are.

I can agree that Scientist's healing hose could use an improvement, and, compared to Sunflower's sunny side up ability, I don't know if the sticky healy thing should have a cooldown quite as long as it does.
Message 23 of 33 (599 Views)

★ Guide

As a citron player at the moment, I can say scinentist could use a nerf. you can't kill those guys without dash/EM peach, primary is vastly weaker.

Message 24 of 33 (592 Views)

★ Expert

I see scientist on top of leaderboard for vanquishes 75% of the time now.  If you have two good scientists on one team you're looking at a 50-10 game. They will hit and run your team to death and/or third party your fight every time.  See a few regular players only running master scientists now and killing team vanquish games.

I say nerf warps from 3 to 2 and increase cool down and they will be fine.  I'm ok if you are accurate with shots and have high vanquishes but not ok with you warping away from every fight and I can't do squat about it...then you just warp back to 3rd party me 5 seconds later.  Nerf the falloff damage too...they should have to kill up close.

Message 25 of 33 (570 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@IWinWithPewPewDon't buff one of the most broken characters in the game at all. Scientist needs a NERF with his warp and he needs to have fall off as a character with a shotgun should not do good damage at all ranges.

Message 26 of 33 (563 Views)

I definitely miss the sticky grenade. I often found it more useful. His spray heal is no match for the sunflower, either. Any character healed by the sunflower is less likely to fall before someone being healed by a scientist. Major mismatch there.

Message 27 of 33 (502 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Scientist is one of the most powerful Zombie heroes in the game. And he doesn't need any buffs but I fully understand where people are coming from.

The problem with Scientist is that his play-style doesn't appeal to players who purely play to help others by healing and reviving. What I mean by that is, some players know they're more useful as healers than assassins, but when they pick him up they often feel underwhelmed compared to Sunflower because he's a higher-skill hero with crazy long Sticky Healy Thingy cool down compared to Sunny Drop ability on Sunflower that can be spread like butter and allow teammates to get reduced damage as they automatically pick the sun from the ground while taking damage.

His healing is underwhelming and tiring since you have to chase players and beg them to stop inside yourself. While also having to press the healing button again and again. You can't shoot and heal at the same time.

That's why I play him this way:

Use Reanimate *1 upgrade, throw Sticky Healy Thingy on dead bodies and revive faster. Why bother healing, in some cases, when you can revive super fast! Using Refreshing Revive *2 and Super Savior *3 combo very well with this. You can revive multiple targets at the same time when having Super Savior equipped *4. As for the last upgrade, I use Precision *5 upgrade to take down Peashooters and Cacti from a distance.

The problem with other healing upgrades is that they cost a lot such as CPR *6 and Power Wash *7.

What they can do is, give Scientists 2 Sticky Healy Thingy but reduce their duration. This would allow scientists to shoot and heal at the same time without bothering to keep switching back and forth between the hose and shooting. And if players wanted to heal bigger targets faster, they can throw both at the same time.

I've included [perks costs] and their description in the foot notes down below to assist others getting a clearer picture.

*1 [2] Reanimate Allies get revived faster when in proximity to Sticky Healy Thingy.

*2 [1] Refreshing Revive Faster refresh time for all abilities by reviving an ally.

*3 [1] Super Savior Use jump and abilities while reviving.

*4 Needs confirmation to whether it's a healer class perk or the upgrade's.

*5 [3] Precision Goo Blaster has less projectile spread when aiming weapon.

*6 [4] CPR Increased effect of healing Hose if target ally is at low health.

*7 [3] Power Wash Improved range and healing when aiming Healing Hose.

Message 28 of 33 (484 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I wish they would actually make him support or at least just relable him as an attacker

Message 29 of 33 (452 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

After playing with and against scientist in PvP more often, he may well be OP in his current state. His healing isn't as good as the Sunflower's, but offensively he's a terror. I tend to play him more as a healer but other players who play him as an assassin and are good at that can be devastating. 

At the very least they need to examine the differences between the Scientist and Sunflower and adjust them accordingly. One of the appealing aspects of the GW games and now here are that the 2 sides are very asymmetrical which I'm a huge fan of, but they also have to be able to perform to a solid baseline in regards to each other.

Message 30 of 33 (435 Views)