Re: skill based matching

by BoaFang7

Original Post

skill based matching

★★★ Newbie

For apex legends, is there a chance EA actually bothers to improve the game by making a skill-based matching system? I am tried of getting instantly killed by some "pro" sitting in moms basement playing this game 24/7 and killing me with instant kills 

Message 1 of 13 (477 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I think Apex does use matchmaking to put teams together but exactly how it works I've no idea.

Matchmaking may possibly pick 60 random players based on those players' pings, data server choices and time queued.

The 60 players are then sorted into a list of 20 squads of 3.

Any empty spots in squads are filled randomly from the 60 players.

It could also be that player statistics are used. What you are asking for in this scenario - I think - is for players to be banded into tiers of "skill" based on indicators of success and experience detected in a player's statistical profile.

In that case, there could be 3 tiers of 20 players per 60 players match. 20 players each of 3 tiers of "skill". 1 player of each skill tier per squad.

Just how random, and therefore unbiased, that type of matchmaking is, or how true it is to its purpose, I have no clue whatsoever. I prefer purely random though.

Nerd

Message 2 of 13 (445 Views)

★★★ Expert

Posting this, you should know what's coming...

GIT GUD KID!

Message 3 of 13 (423 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@warslag wrote:

I think Apex does use matchmaking to put teams together but exactly how it works I've no idea.

Matchmaking may possibly pick 60 random players based on those players' pings, data server choices and time queued.

It could also be that player statistics are used. What you are asking for in this scenario - I think - is for players to be banded into tiers of "skill" based on indicators of success and experience detected in a player's statistical profile.

In that case, there could be 3 tiers of 20 players per 60 players match. 20 players each of 3 tiers of "skill". 1 player of each skill tier per squad.

Just how random, and therefore unbiased, that type of matchmaking is, or how true it is to its purpose, I have no clue whatsoever. I prefer purely random though.

Nerd

Sorry to disappoint you, but there is no matchmaking at all....

it just throws people into the same match that queue up the same time and put them randomly into teams, not taking their skilllevel into account (and dont even think about ping, i can choose every datacenter i want and have ridiculous high ping and yet i can easily join that lobby without disconnects or anything).

It got proven severall times, especially by a lot of individuals that use this to their own advantage to team up with severall squads to play together on the same server (a lot of videos and even livestreams got posted here already but deleted fast again by mods).

Message 4 of 13 (409 Views)

★★★ Guide

This should put the cheaters with cheaters till you win then guess what start a game after winning quit then start another game to not play against cheaters.

Seems like a good idea.

Message 5 of 13 (403 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@MjNaise wrote:

@warslag wrote:

Nerd

it just throws people into the same match that queue up the same time and put them randomly into teams, not taking their skilllevel into account (and dont even think about ping, i can choose every datacenter i want and have ridiculous high ping and yet i can easily join that lobby without disconnects or anything).

It got proven severall times, especially by a lot of individuals that use this to their own advantage to team up with severall squads to play together on the same server (a lot of videos and even livestreams got posted here already but deleted fast again by mods).

I'm a bit confused by your reply. Confused

You state that there's no matchmaking in Apex - which there obviously is or there wouldn't be any matches - and then you literally describe matchmaking which you say is proven to be in the game. Raised eyebrow

If you had read my post properly in the first place you would see as well that I had described the possibility of the existence of the exact same form of matchmaking. Thinking

Message 6 of 13 (394 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
BR games dont have “Skills” well especially this one its all about luck
Message 7 of 13 (341 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@MjNaise wrote:

@warslag wrote:

Nerd

How can anybody team up and then join the same server as other squads in a coordinated fashion? I'm sorry, I don't believe that unless you can give me a link or pm me. I lmao at people who put this much time and effort into gaming a system to win. It's a F2P game that means nothing, yet people are looking for loopholes to make the game easier. How low can self esteem get lol. Jeeezus.

I  understood the game tried to put full squads together as much as possible. That's just through chatting to other players on line. I don't know that for certain, just hearsay.

Message 8 of 13 (323 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Silz616 

I think they were suggesting that you can join a specific server by selecting it in the data centre and joining it at the same time. The premise being; that because the chosen server is far away, matchmaking will be more likely to put your squads on it together if you start the match at the same time.

Agree with you though. There seem to be any number of downsides to doing this including high ping, faffing about to get it to work, all the time wasted when it doesn't work and the fact it's an incredibly dull and unnecessary thing to in the first place. It's just a case of players mucking around with the system for the sake of it.

Message 9 of 13 (317 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

On the flipside people don't like being grouped with low skill idiots.. it's the worst thing about this game.

More bad players than there are good ones

Message 10 of 13 (308 Views)