sims 4 origin, steam and ea apps

by Silverblood2008

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sims 4 origin, steam and ea apps

★★★ Newbie

hola im from argentina and i bought the sims 4 on origin and 26 dlc and for the price on dollar in my country. have to change to steam and i bought 11 dlc there and now the prices on steam are to expensive in my country and i wanna change back to the new EA APP THE PRICE IS BETTER  that in steam and in addition steam never letme buy  My First Pet Stuff because they say i dont have cats and dog and i have the game and i refuse to buy the dlc again, i dont want to buy again the 11 dlc again. need a solution i dont have money to buy again the dlc and the other 16 that need to buy to have all

Message 1 of 2 (1,903 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sims 4 origin, steam and ea apps

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @Silverblood2008,

Switching back and forth between two different platforms can be a bit tricky when trying to determine which DLC can still be accessed.

This page breaks it down a bit further, but I've also listed the relevant portion below.

If I buy a game on Steam, can I buy DLC for that game on Origin?

If you’re playing a Steam-native game, you can’t buy DLC (downloadable content) on Origin.

You can only buy DLC both on Origin and Steam if you’re playing a game that uses Origin.

If I buy a game on Origin, can I buy DLC for that game on Steam?

If you buy a game on Origin, you’ll need to buy all DLC for that base game on Origin.

There is not a way to transfer that DLC between platforms, so if you're playing in Origin, I'm afraid you'll only have access to the DLC that was purchased in Origin as well. 

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,867 Views)

All Replies

Re: sims 4 origin, steam and ea apps

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @Silverblood2008,

Switching back and forth between two different platforms can be a bit tricky when trying to determine which DLC can still be accessed.

This page breaks it down a bit further, but I've also listed the relevant portion below.

If I buy a game on Steam, can I buy DLC for that game on Origin?

If you’re playing a Steam-native game, you can’t buy DLC (downloadable content) on Origin.

You can only buy DLC both on Origin and Steam if you’re playing a game that uses Origin.

If I buy a game on Origin, can I buy DLC for that game on Steam?

If you buy a game on Origin, you’ll need to buy all DLC for that base game on Origin.

There is not a way to transfer that DLC between platforms, so if you're playing in Origin, I'm afraid you'll only have access to the DLC that was purchased in Origin as well. 

Mako.png
Message 2 of 2 (1,868 Views)