sims 4 not working help!!

by hunnybunnbunn

Original Post

sims 4 not working help!!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

okay so my game has been broken for a long time now and I've repaired it I've tried like everything. it'll load up then pause on the sims 4 logo and i have to close it out with task manager. I don't know what's wrong with it i really want to play. I don't have any mods or anything either.

Message 1 of 11 (580 Views)

Re: sims 4 not working help!!

Community Manager

Hey @hunnybunnbunn can you grab us a DxDiag so that we can take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

The more info we have the better we can help.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 11 (562 Views)

★★★ Novice

here

Message 3 of 11 (559 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @hunnybunnbunn when this issue occurs do you have a number of DLC packs installed? 

I would recommend that to start with you repair the game from within Origin.

Open your My Game Library and then find the game tile and right-click on it. From here select repair and Origin will check your installed files for any issues and should it find any fix them.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 11 (532 Views)

★★★ Novice

i have twice today after trying multiple things to get it to work and DLC packs?

Message 5 of 11 (529 Views)

@hunnybunnbunn  Try disabling Origin in-game: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

Disable Game Mode and Game Bar as well.  Both options are in Windows Settings > Gaming.

The driver for your graphics chip is a few years old, and your dxdiag contains a few different errors related to the driver.  So it's a good idea to install the latest one from Dell for your laptop:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/latitude-e5450-laptop/drivers

You want Intel video driver, near the bottom of the list.  (Make sure you're looking at the options for Windows 10, which you can select at the top of the page.)

You're also missing other updates, including a new BIOS version.  The other updates may or may not have anything to do with your Sims 4 issues, but at some point you may want to go through and install updates.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 11 (493 Views)

★★★ Novice

thank you for at least trying to help ill try it i have to update my origin first and then ill try that

Message 7 of 11 (488 Views)

not getting answers

★★★ Novice

well ive been asking for days and i still havent gotten answers from EA i want my game fixed and ive tried everything and asking around about it isnt seeming to work. 

i know its not my computer because i used to play everyday i completely understand if your busy or waiting to see how to fix it but i havent gotten any answers and its been days ive been looking around to see if there is something wrong and looking to see how to fix it but nothing is working so i come to you guys and you dont answer or you do and take to long to respond so i miss the opportunity because you never answer again. please help i just want my game to work so i can play but nobody is responding.

Message 8 of 11 (443 Views)

Re: not getting answers

@hunnybunnbunn  Did you try the suggestions I posted earlier in the thread?  I think no one responded because people were waiting to hear whether those suggestions helped.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 9 of 11 (405 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko i tried repairing the game and it still wont work
Message 10 of 11 (379 Views)