sbmm is bs. find a new way to place like skilled players.

by apjj

Original Post

Re: sbmm is bs. find a new way to place like skilled players.

★★★ Pro
@DarthValtrex We did have some good games, it was quite good considering my current form and the bug that we have with cross platform as well.

I also think that @GH0STEDbyME is a good player, I was with him yesterday as well and he was decent IMO.
Message 21 of 25 (280 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@DarthValtrex

I hear you, but I’m not convinced players would be “driven away”, at least so much that the game would “die”. I think it would feel similar to how it felt before they cranked up the SBMM last November— in fact I would very much like it to return to that; there was SBMM but it wasn’t so aggressive that every single match felt like a pro-circuit.

I understand that this would result in less skilled players losing more, but at least it allows for players to improve to win more consistently. The current SBMM doesn’t allow that. I practiced to get better (so I could perform better with wins and kills) and I ACTUALLY have lower win ratios, and kill/death ratios than all my friends who are Gold/Plat level in terms of skill.

And to be clear, I do want lower skilled players enjoying themselves, but not at the expense of matchmaking structure. If people genuinely never want to run into a higher skilled player, the onus is on them to exclusively play a mode that has “sbmm”. Everyone else should be given the option.

Message 22 of 25 (276 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@hayhor dont forget that there is players out there sitting with 4 KDR or higher , damn there is some of them sitting in 10 KDR and still they get matches with avgs like me and you and that's because maybe for the past few matches you was on fire and had some very good games .
so is that fair ?
Message 23 of 25 (247 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@maximas1986 Nop not fair at all, the machmaking they have doesnt consider the fact that you had a good match while killing players who have
skill level that you have lets say 5-6(skill level), you got few kills and the game thinks of ok, go fight the 7-10 skill level players.
Like cmoon i am a casual player sometimes i get lucky and get more kills but that doesnt mean i am a swety af 24/7 playing apex and i should be put in the same loby as those 7-10 SL players....
Message 24 of 25 (232 Views)

Anonymous

I'd also add that pre made squads should play with otherpre made squads when possible. 

Message 25 of 25 (213 Views)