Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

rehashing story missions is first added content lol

by allentissot

Original Post

rehashing story missions is first added content lol

★★★ Apprentice

I know there are players out there that love this game and want to see it improve; i'm one of them. However, I don't think it's looking good. Vanity chests will have a certain fan base, but at the end of the day it isn't content. And it's kind of crazy to me that the devs thinking rehashing story missions is a good idea. I think it feels desperate. A lot of people that know about coding talk about how fundamentally broken this game is from the bottom up. I feel like the devs might be adding legendary story missions because they honestly can't do much more at this point. 

I was reading and article and it claims that anthem has lost 72 percent of its player base at this point. It didn't help the division 2 came out and threw the one two punch on this game. Im just not sure anthem can turn things around. Yes the world is beautiful, the flying is fun, the combat can be pretty cool, but overall it's a pretty * experience. To top it all off the devs, in my opinion, have refused to do the ONE thing the community asked for which is drop more loot. That killed the game just as much as anything. 

Message 1 of 15 (398 Views)

Re: rehashing story missions is first added content lol

★ Apprentice

I'm pretty sure the Devs are clueless.  But they have a 'road map' of sorts and they are trying to stick to it regardless of whether, or not, it addresses how players feel about their game.  I will say this, Loot drop rates have fallen dramatically for anything below GM1.  Plus you're really lucky if you can get a full squad during prime time.  And of course some players with high gear scores are now complaining bitterly about having to "Carry" lesser players.  It's like a bad marriage, something is going to have to give sooner or later.

Message 2 of 15 (367 Views)

★★ Pro

I don't need more loot, it would only fill my bags up quicker. 12 Legendary's in the last 5 days is way too much.

Message 3 of 15 (358 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

What the devs need to do is figure out when everything's all said and done what is they're game gunna be. They need to keep the vision alive while doing what the community wants. What will the game look like in 2 years from now? What's the goal long term

Message 4 of 15 (354 Views)

★ Guide

I have serious doubts about the longevity of this game, primarly due to what seems a total lack of concern about their playerbase concerns. and rehashing missions is not going bring players back or calm the remaining players. But  it is something as opposed to nothing and I believe we are finally getting a stat page now that will be interesting. We can finally quantify what has been niggling at the back of everones mind is that there is something fundamentally wrong at the core of their game I'm truely suprised the decided to include. But I'm jumping the gun I suspect it will be not really what we expected.

Message 5 of 15 (349 Views)

★ Apprentice

yep i noticed this a few day ago when checking the road map and was just face palm wtf moment

Message 6 of 15 (344 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Haruchai01 wrote:

I don't need more loot, it would only fill my bags up quicker. 12 Legendary's in the last 5 days is way too much.

How many had useful inscriptions? 2? I don't think people would be asking for more loot if the quality of the loot that dropped was good.

Message 7 of 15 (300 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

No loot issue here...47 legends and counting(no game breaking quiting after chests)...the rng must be in my favor...rehash is definitely a bummer...guess we'll have to wait a see how it all pans out...a month in now...release content was ample...vanity items a bit skimpy...anyone remember the initial release of destiny(content)? Or fornite(vanity)? I feel like everyone forgets...

How long did we wait for the first raid(destiny)? Or the first skins from fortnite? 

One thing that anthem should have learned from destiny is the level capping for events...gm1/2/3 minimum requirements should be inforced...this crap where a level 500 is going GM3 because it specifically says "better chances" is garbage...

the difficulty does not need adjusted...but the minimum seems a bit skewed per jav...for example: colossus can do enough damage at level 704 to be able to do GM3...it does get easier the more gear you acquire...at 675 it seems a bit impossible or even disheartening....

I've notice a substantial increase in legendary items once I broke 718 which was exactly what I needed to keep advancing and playing...in GM3, 760+ feels like a Gm2 at level 704...some enemies are pretty spongy but absolutely able to defeat tacticly...

Anthem learning from fornite:

Fornite had available skins in the store(not at first but)...the model worked...why not use it?

Yup...rehash is a bummer...

Message 8 of 15 (281 Views)

★★ Guide

atleast its content for soloists..

Message 9 of 15 (270 Views)

★★ Pro

@Chexy_9 wrote:

@Haruchai01 wrote:

How many had useful inscriptions? 2? I don't think people would be asking for more loot if the quality of the loot that dropped was good.

Plenty did, some didn't but too many focus too much on the inscriptions looking for "god rolls", unnecessary IMO. My favourite Leg gun has no dmg modifiers on it at all and outdoes my 250%dmg Thunderbolt of Yvenia, I have been living in GM2 for the last week with no issues. IMO the inscriptions are icing on the cake, not the be all and end all.

Message 10 of 15 (220 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help