re-activate SPORE game.

by luigi2bad

Original Post

re-activate SPORE game.

★★★ Newbie

I've been trying to re-activate my SPORE game. I bought it before I had an EA account but when I try getting help from EA.  they end up just resetting my password for my account.

I bought this game in 2008 I have the CD and the case with manual and I have the verification code is on the manual still. but I guess I registered with an Email I  no longer have.  

I've tried multiple times with EA and haven't gotten anywhere.  I don't want to buy the game again.  any IDEA who I can try talking to that could help me?  I've used EA help chat.  I've called EA help.  and I've used the "my cases" around six times.  it's ridiculous I can't play something I bought years ago.

Message 1 of 2 (477 Views)

Re: re-activate SPORE game.

★★★ Newbie

I can bet to you right now it has something to do with EAs DRM schemes.

See, in order to prevent any pirating of Spore, EA made their discs in a way so that you can only install the game up to three times; after that, the disc is useless. It sucks big-time...

I'd highly recommend you wait for a Steam/Origin sale to come up, and buy it again. I got lucky, and bought the whole shabang for just under $11! After you verify your newly re-bought games on EA's website, you'll be able to connect online like good times! What's better is there's none of that nasty DRM stuff like with the disks you had a problem with, so you can just play Spore on any computer you want through Steam/Origin's launcher!

At least, I think that's true... Don't quote me on it.

Message 2 of 2 (400 Views)