Re: ranked matchmaking?? someone explain?

by BoaFang7

Original Post

ranked matchmaking?? someone explain?

★★★★★ Apprentice

SO im curious as to why there are divisions for ranked in apex legends. i started the ranked grind a couple days ago and hit plat pretty fast ( diamond last season).  But every single game in plat im playing against master/predator teams. so as a plat player im playing against the best players in the game. how do they expect ppl to climb?      

originaly i thought the matchmaking was 1 division lower and 1 division higher.    aka   a gold player would be qued against silver-plat.    but apparently i was wrong because im getting put in matches 2-3 divisions higher.    

does anyone have info on how it works?

Message 1 of 16 (609 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

anyone?

Message 2 of 16 (587 Views)

★★★ Guide
@BDD_Feranzy
They don't have enough players to divide the ranks correctly. If it were just a predator / diamond, they would be unable to find a match.
Message 3 of 16 (575 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

ya i figured as much. but that kinda defeats the purpose of ranked. since you arent actualy playing people of your ranked. and since they are only giving dive trails to master/predator it really makes the normal player not want to grind

Message 4 of 16 (563 Views)

★ Expert

@BDD_Feranzy  same situation, would really like to reach master in s4 but i think i'll never make it if the situation doesn't change lol.

Message 5 of 16 (548 Views)

★★★ Guide
@BDD_Feranzy
i agree with you, im at the platinum level and it is difficult to rise. Yesterday i was killed by the servers top 3. Im not sure if I can get Diamond this season.. Brazilian server
Message 6 of 16 (533 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

i could hit diamond again easy. but it isnt worth it now. since we dont get dive trails. with the matchmaking system i wount be able to get master. and once we finaly achieve that rank it gets reset pretty muich

Message 7 of 16 (523 Views)

★★★★ Guide

the rewards are pathetic, unless you reach master/predator, you only get some useless badges/charms, that's why most players don't bother in this mode + the devs don't want to fix all the broken things (you queue solo, you're put against premade parties, you're plat, they put you against predators etc...LOL)

Message 8 of 16 (499 Views)

★★★ Guide

Basically plats gets matched with anything as low as bronze... diamonds get matched with diamonds and anything above diamond.. and absolutely no thought was put into the ranked system whatsoever.

Message 9 of 16 (487 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

i have played this game since day 1. and hit diamond every season.   but with the way the ranking system is and now that they are doing a split i have no desire to play.  since you have to play against top players its naturally harder to climb. so when i actualy hit diamond/master i have to do it all over again? outside your streamers/jobless people, no one has time for that 

Message 10 of 16 (482 Views)