Re: "Storm Point map will counter third-parties"? Joke?!!

by hayhor

Original Post

"Storm Point map will counter third-parties"? Joke?!!

★★ Guide

In fact, there are rarely third-parties on Storm Point anymore, but just because there are five, six, seven-parties now.... didn't they want to solve the problem? It's worse on the map than it's ever been in this game.

But congratulationsmaking a problem 10 times worse with an alleged solution... that's also a kind of talent.

Message 1 of 5 (484 Views)

Champion

@Donidon  it seems like all the routes through the map naturally gravitate players towards two enormous killboxes lol.

One being that large prowler Hive, the second being that shallow water area.

I've been trying to avoid running snipers lately but It might be the season to whip out the ol' sentinel I think.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 5 (476 Views)

★★ Guide

@MandatoryIDtag  schrieb:

@Donidon  it seems like all the routes through the map naturally gravitate players towards two enormous killboxes lol.

One being that large prowler Hive, the second being that shallow water area.

Not just the two places, but yes of course I noticed them early on. Due to these large empty areas and the lack of passages, almost all players always meet at some points. Due to the large areas, fights drag on very long, so the entire server has time to react and the party starts...

How can this not have been noticed during testing? Has Apex built up a Yes-sayers troop as beta testers? Were all the critics thrown out of the test groups? Or is that intentional and they want to push the playerbase to BF2042? The season rewards are also rather daunting.

Message 3 of 5 (457 Views)

Champion
@Donidon Yes all the 3rd party complainers who don't understand how to play BRs got their wish. A giant map with chokes where everyone has to go because they cannot go any other way due to giant rock walls and no jump towers.

The whining about 3rd parties has always done my head in and now it's resulted in this map. It is a BR with 20 teams on a map. If you engage a fight be ready for the next one.
Message 4 of 5 (416 Views)

★★ Pro

From the time I played yesterday, I barely had anyone third party me, and any time my team pushed enemy gunshots it was usually because they were shooting pests. After all, the map is HUGE, and there are a mix of funneling paths you try to avoid and areas that you can't just bee-line too (mountains can force third parties to take a longer route). The gravity cannons also give plenty of notice (relative to the jump towers) of an incoming squad.

But this is just from one night of playtime so I'll make a better mental note of when I dish out or get the third parties.

Message 5 of 5 (414 Views)