Re: "Picatinny" Rails

by DeeCay_DK_81

Original Post

"Picatinny" Rails

★★ Guide

I know some may think it is not even worth posting but hopefully enough people will agree with me and devs will see this. Pick rails in this game look weird and don't make much sense, in fact they are the opposite to evolution because those huge teeth dramatically reduce the range\granularity of adjustment. I know it is just a cosmetics thing but for me it is a major eye sore and just looks wrong. 

Ohh yeah and as a bonus, I saw screenshots with a sniper rifle where you can see the barrel of the gun through a high magnification scope like it is a red dot which is silly and I hope it will get fixed.

Message 1 of 7 (392 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Pennywise359Eh, they are still in wide-spread use. So are M-Loks.

I think ultimately, the devs gave themselves some creative freedom by doing a near-future setting and so the appearance of the weapons are likely more about design / modeling choices rather than realism…

Message 2 of 7 (330 Views)

★ Guide

they most likely dont know the purpose of those things, because they are discouraged from ever looking up RL weapons mechanics, because they might feel deep shame, or be afraid that the weapon takes control.

Its not even like the very old saying that the blade itself incites to violence, but that the weapon does violence and inanimate object thus uses the person instead. Thus the object goes to jail not the 'innocent user-'victim''. Personification of object, depersonification of a person. Antithesis to reality.

Message 3 of 7 (306 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@carsono311 If it ain't broken, etc, and optics. Though i genuinely hope to see the non-welded picatinny adapters on things like the G3 or MP5 in portal, or god help us, the USP picatinny adapter. From the dev's perspective though (like i assumed you alluded to), keymod/mlok just looks like venting probably, while "everyone" knows what picatinny rails are for.
Message 4 of 7 (268 Views)

★★★★ Pro

As for the OPs last point, granted not having seen the picture, but depending on what the rifle is set up to do, ie the optics (variability to be precise), barrel length, and minutes of cant on the mount, and seeing the barrel can be a thing at low magnification. If it's at max zoom though, yea that's an oopsie.

Message 5 of 7 (263 Views)

★★ Guide

It was def like X6 or so but the sight picture looked like LPVO at 1x which looked super odd.

Message 6 of 7 (233 Views)

★★ Guide
@Pennywise359 I can read the words but as a non-weapons expert I just simply can not comprehend and understand them :-)

I get you are paying super attention to detail as you have a lot of knowledge of different weaponsystems.
Imagine 99.9% of the gamers dont even know what your post is about and dont mind those "creative freedom" devs are giving themself when moddeling guns ingame...
Message 7 of 7 (190 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help