Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: "New Javelin's Coming In Future! - Ideas?

by Viperions0

Original Post

"New Javelin's Coming In Future! - Ideas?

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've seen them state multiple times that they want to release more Javelins throughout the games lifetime.

Does anyone have their own ideas or wishes?

We already have the Tank, Speedy Melee, All-Rounder and Magic/Elemental type.

Those already feel like they cover most bases.

Maybe a streamlined jet/flying type with rapidly increased flight speed and acceleration.

Bit of a snatch and grab theme where you zoom in, land big hits quickly and then fly out again before they know what hit them.

The only other I can think of right now would be a gadget-based Javelin w/ deployable barriers, a sensor dart for tagging enemies

Message 1 of 12 (231 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Going from classic fantasy archetypes, we’re missing healer/buffers, archers, and pet types.

Archers might not fit in to Anthem since everyone has ranged attack. Healer support types are possible considering they already have the Storm/mage type. Pet type might be interesting with deplorable combat drones.
Message 2 of 12 (217 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

A possible Javelin could be a Guard type.

Mainly used to guard official buildings. A small mobile Javelin equipped with a physical shield and a sword being planned to fight in civil populated areas without endanger them with flying projectiles, rockets or grenades (only called decoration by Freelancers). Now Equipped with some additional equipment to be able to survive in the real World.

Not so fast action orientated like an Interceptor.

Message 3 of 12 (207 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Haha, autocorrected deployable to deplorable. I guess depending on the AI and design, both could be accurate. Tongue out

Message 4 of 12 (193 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@mikieatton wrote:

Haha, autocorrected deployable to deplorable. I guess depending on the AI and design, both could be accurate. Tongue out

Haha I do love autocorrect sometimes, "I'm a lone-wolf, Ronin-type Javelin called 'The Deplorable' "

Message 5 of 12 (180 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I want to see a usable version of the one Tarsis used in the LotD trailer. Looks like a big melee brute/paladin type with a sword.

Message 6 of 12 (174 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

@Fauxknight wrote:

I want to see a usable version of the one Tarsis used in the LotD trailer. Looks like a big melee brute/paladin type with a sword.

Isn't that just a colossus with a sword? I would totally be down to see swords for colossus'. In general would love to see melee weapons outside of what we've been given haha.

I am personally trying to think of what would fit/would synegize well, and I really kind of want to just say 'look to Warframe'. That leans an almost more spiritual bent so I don't know how well it would work, but they definitely have always done an amazing job at making a bunch of varied suits with interesting abilities. Outside of that (or inside of that) part of me wants to double down on the concept put down by @mikieatton - some sort of minion controller, possibly able to make trash or low HP enemies switch to your side for a limited time period, or make things friendly fire switch. I am not entirely sure if it would fit into the game, but I dig it.

Largely I am less worried about new javelins, and more would love to see them dive further into each of the existing suits - offering more abilities, more ultimates, and ultimately more options. The frame work of 'versatile mid ranger, light close range guy, ability user, heavy user" is pretty wide ranging as is.

Message 7 of 12 (162 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Viperions0 wrote:

Isn't that just a colossus with a sword? I would totally be down to see swords for colossus'. In general would love to see melee weapons outside of what we've been given haha.

It's around the size of a Colossus, but it looks like the proportions and stance might be unique. Would definitely be nice to have more melee dedicated javelins.

Would like to to also see an engineer type. As mentioned above something with all sorts of gadgets, it could launch mines, turrets, drones, or the like.

Message 8 of 12 (152 Views)

★★ Guide

Engineer type Javelin. That comes with floating turrets and can great barricade cover. Set up mines and repair fields for ally JAVS.

Also MIGHTYMORPH POWER JAVLLINS. MEGAJAVELIN ZOID ASSEMBLE.

The colossus is the body and head with the other javelins making up the limbs to create a super javelin that can go toe to toe with ur average ash Titan.

*crickets*

I'll let myself out.

Message 9 of 12 (141 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Great suggestion. The Engineer would fit well in Anthem.

Message 10 of 12 (135 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help