"Mass Effect" without the portals?

by Vorongren1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Mass Effect" without the portals?

★ Apprentice
Hi, i'm sure this is bothering me too much, but in the old trilogy we had these portals needed to travel from a system to another, while in Andromeda it seems that the Tempest engines are enough. Am I missing something? Are the planets so near one to another that the mass Effect isn't needed? Or does the Tempest had a portal instead - or together - of the engine?
Message 1 of 3 (483 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "Mass Effect" without the portals?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

In this game, we are confined to merely 1 cluster, a segment of the galaxy - whereas in the original trilogy, we went across the whole galaxy, spanning many clusters and nebulae.  That is why we don't need relays to travel, we are in a small enough area that our ship can get around.

And I'm sure in future installments (speculating) - when we leave the Heleus Cluster, it will be using the Remnant Version of relay technology.   

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (556 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

In this game, we are confined to merely 1 cluster, a segment of the galaxy - whereas in the original trilogy, we went across the whole galaxy, spanning many clusters and nebulae.  That is why we don't need relays to travel, we are in a small enough area that our ship can get around.

And I'm sure in future installments (speculating) - when we leave the Heleus Cluster, it will be using the Remnant Version of relay technology.   

Message 2 of 3 (557 Views)

★ Apprentice
Thank you, I was sure I was missing something!
Message 3 of 3 (475 Views)