Re: "EaBackgroundService Failed to start" when installing EA Desktop

by daviromerotj

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"EaBackgroundService Failed to start" when installing EA Desktop

★★ Novice

Hey guys, I'm having a trouble and maybe you guys can help me. I can't install EA Desktop, whether by xbox app or .exe file. When I execute the .exe file, it runs on the background and appears on taskmanager, but doesn't open any window. On the most part of the solutions I could find, they tell you to download the .msi file accessed by the .exe file that you download from EA's website and execute it. But it also runs into a problem, it says: "EaBackgroundService Failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start windows services." Any clue about what is happening?  I have a pc here with a clean windows 11 installation, it is a Dell G3 3590. Already downloaded all the available drivers.

Message 1 of 14 (9,948 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Update: I'm gonna try to install it on windows 10 and than, instead of doing a clean installation of windows 11, I'll upgrade the system, keeping the files.

View in thread

Message 4 of 14 (9,846 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
@daviromerotj I had the same issue but solved it by looking at the file in the download folder, right clicked and found properties(at bottom), then a tab called "compatibility", then I clicked the "Run compatibility troubleshooter", and it ran after a few loading bars.
Message 2 of 14 (9,887 Views)

★★ Novice

Error Message

@RockyMountainem, did that, but still the same problem. The image has the entire error message.

Message 3 of 14 (9,881 Views)

★★ Novice

Update: I'm gonna try to install it on windows 10 and than, instead of doing a clean installation of windows 11, I'll upgrade the system, keeping the files.

Message 4 of 14 (9,847 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Could you also try running the .exe for the installer as an administrator @daviromerotj?

Jason.png
Message 5 of 14 (9,811 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem as @daviromerotj i tried to run as an administrator but doesn't appear to run as an administrator what do i have to do

Message 6 of 14 (9,434 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Did you check your task manager and did you end all tasks related to Origin and EA Desktop before trying to install the app @Mysticxhh?

Jason.png
Message 7 of 14 (9,370 Views)

★ Novice

Hi did you ever resolve this? 

Currently having the same issue

Message 8 of 14 (8,723 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi did you ever resolve this? 

Currently having the same issue

Message 9 of 14 (8,265 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@daviromerotj try to repair Visual C++ in configurations-applications-applications and programs- Visual C++ (all that exist) you put unistall and then you put repair not unistall and that fixed the error and I was able to install the app
Message 10 of 14 (7,798 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help