"Carepackage Characters" LTM idea

by Skenderaxe

Original Post

"Carepackage Characters" LTM idea

★ Guide

Hear me out:

Introductive Narrative: "There are probably moments in the late game where you wish you had a different character. Early on you either drop in an empty area or your grinding character just isn't a challenge. Then, at the end of the game, you see an opposing team with characters that you KNOW will win the game. Ultimately, they beat you because you had no defensive or offensive characters, or for whatever reason that hurts your ego. Imagine if you had just picked that character that you knew would save you to win the game and pop up on those game intro Champion banners..."

Idea: I have an idea about "Character Carepackages" (CCs), aka 'Body Drops' (suggest names please dammit). Basically, these would be world packages (not lifeline) where a team desperate enough might want to switch characters. Say they need a Wattson, they could choose their character (probably Loba lmao) to increase their chances of holding ground in the final few rounds. Another option would be that the CC can drop a specific character that can't be chosen, but if the team wants to leave the package there, they can choose to, risking the chance that another team wants it. LTM could be called "My Body, My Rulez!"

Motive: It would be interesting for the devs I'm sure, but could be an interesting take on body image or character preference. We've all seen those Barbie dolls...my girlfriend's often hated herself for not fitting into norms, and I'm sure guys have even had self-image problems until the likes of skinny-* Octane came through to show us being under 6 feet tall is okay. It would also add an interesting idea for LTMs to the growing roster!

Appearance: If the carepackages were themed with plastic casings, it might let other teams know who the new character might be from far away, making the surprise a little less unfair. I'm pretty sure they could be themed to the character's aesthetics.

(Some) Aesthetics Ideas:

- Crystal/Ruby for Loba

- Electric for Wattson

- Ivory/Wood for Gibraltar

- Portal (obviously) for Wraith

- Feathers and fur for Bloodhound

- Gas barrels and gas for Caustic

- Drones floating(?) for Crypto

- Jumpads lined up like a shield wall for Octane

- Skulls for Revenant (obvi)

- Big Girl Bullets for Bangalore

...You get the point, I don't wish to drag on

Please tell me your thoughts, hopefully a Community Manager will see this to instruct criticisms and betterment possibilities, or even a Developer!. (Hire me Respawn!)

Message 1 of 3 (234 Views)

Re: "Carepackage Characters" LTM idea

★★★★ Guide
@Skenderaxe I'll help out the naming issue! "Drop Pods" because that's how Grunts, Spectres, and Pilots came into Titanfall 2. Simple and easy, but they could be uniquely titled: Legend Pods.
Message 2 of 3 (203 Views)

Re: "Carepackage Characters" LTM idea

★★★★★ Expert
@Skenderaxe It's a good idea and tbh I was gonna make a similar thread after a guy in a thread made a joke about putting Wraith in a carepackage and I liked that idea for an LTM but totally forget about it 😅

You got my vote
Message 3 of 3 (174 Views)