"Air Vehicles"

by TAYTER-GUN

Original Post

"Air Vehicles"

★★★ Guide

Just curious to know has the all encompassing word for "Air Vehicles" yet to make its way to Sweden?  That being AIRCRAFT?  It's only been around over 150 years or so.  Utterly baffling seeing some of this footage doing the rounds and "Air Vehicles" being a selection term instead of Aircraft. Raised eyebrow

Message 1 of 18 (613 Views)

Re: "Air Vehicles"

★ Pro
@TAYTER-GUN maybe they have hot air balloons, blimps, handgliders or parachutes in the game.
Message 2 of 18 (599 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@TAYTER-GUN The term 'Air Vehicle' is perfectly acceptable when referring to numerous aircraft types.

Indeed, I work closely with the 'Air Vehicle Team' in my job.
Message 3 of 18 (588 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@DingoKillrThey all fall under the aircraft category.

Message 4 of 18 (578 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Trokey66Look up the word Aircraft, virtually anything that flies is under that term. Do they need to start calling naval vessels sea vehicles and tanks and apc's land vehicles as well?

It's not as if the word Aircraft is some amazingly technical term that's going to confuse people, it's the term they should be using as planes, helicopters etc all fall under that category.

Message 5 of 18 (573 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@TAYTER-GUN perhaps you should look up the term 'Air Vehicle'.

Having spent over 35 years in military aviation, I can assure you, both terms are acceptable.
Message 6 of 18 (552 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Not saying it's not, but "Aircraft" is more practical, shorter and quicker to say as well.  Air Vehicle just sounds redundant.

Message 7 of 18 (541 Views)

★★ Guide

@TAYTER-GUN wrote:

Just curious to know has the all encompassing word for "Air Vehicles" yet to make its way to Sweden?  That being AIRCRAFT?  It's only been around over 150 years or so.  Utterly baffling seeing some of this footage doing the rounds and "Air Vehicles" being a selection term instead of Aircraft. Raised eyebrow

I was going too/2 suggestion/suggest easier flight controls for flying any flight vehicle in the series or a different option for flying flight based vehicles,An alternative option for flying em

Message 8 of 18 (481 Views)

We've had custard for even longer but it doesn't stop the French calling it "English Cream".

Message 9 of 18 (439 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Guess they mean there will be huge drones for infantry flying and who knows what. Like not flying stuff in traditional sense. Flying stuff :D

I wonder how theyre gonna balance damage dealing auto-firing legged robots, with guns attached. Is materiel destruction going to count, or players only ?

flying drone gunship ftw. Shooting things down that give little reward ? I guess well see in the future.

Message 10 of 18 (424 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help