Re: purchased item and the price was reduced next day.why dont i get coins back?

by jumanjaydazed

Original Post

Accepted Solution

purchased item and the price was reduced next day.why dont i get coins back?

★★ Novice

purchased an item and the price was reduced the next day....why dont i get coins back? i purchased a valentines day pathfinder weapon charm on my x box apex legends account and the next day the price was lowerr but irecieved no coins back or any sort of compensation to make up for the 400 coin difference. this seems like a scammy cheap way to steal some money form hard working people. plz address this. wouldnt be hard to give the poeple who purchased on day one a exclusive color of the charm or the 400 gold difference returned to there funds.   

Message 1 of 17 (1,036 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: purchased item and the price was reduced next day.why dont i get coins back?

Hey @M0nkyD1uffy 

I have an update on the situation for you.

Anyone that bought the charm at the higher price will get the difference in coins refunded back their account. Standard smile

Heads up, Legends. We recently changed the price of the Lovefinder charm to 700 AC and extended the purchase window by one day.

If you purchased the charm before the change was made, you’ll be refunded the difference in AC automatically.

— Apex Legends (@PlayApex) 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 10 of 17 (779 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert
@M0nkyD1uffy Go to a supermarket, purchase something nice that’s not on sale (with no receipt), look into a discount book next day and see it’s on sale.

You think you’ll get the difference back?

If you answer anything other than ‘no’ you know you’re lying or have a very upstanding supermarket you go to... which I’m not inclined to believe.

Lesson here is: don’t purchase stuff you don’t need. You never know what the next day brings
Message 2 of 17 (999 Views)

★★ Novice

Ya. Of course some selfish idiot would put an unhelpful post. Just go back to ur moms basement. Not a soul wants to hear from the negative rude troll so unless u plan to try and help... just stay quiet in ur whole bud. And the market takes returns for any reason so ur dumb and outa ur depth. Next comment. Make it helpful or don’t comment. Haha trolls

Message 3 of 17 (959 Views)

★★ Guide

@M0nkyD1uffy 

No. @Koochi-Q  is totally right. He laid it out blatantly for you. It shouldn't need explained any further.

Its like getting a box of valentine chocolates for 15$, being mad when they go down to 5$ after valentines; then the store doesn't give you 10$ back.
It doesn't work that way bud.

Message 4 of 17 (957 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@EA_Kent

@EA_David

This's different case, this's mistake from Respawn on store initial pricing so I think he deserved get some of his coins back.

Can you help him out ?

Message 5 of 17 (908 Views)

★★★ Guide
@asukojo Maybe someone could have helped him out. After that response to @Koochi-Q though I doubt anyone's gonna want to.

Who gave the children the wifi password?
Message 6 of 17 (886 Views)

★★ Expert
@M0nkyD1uffy I understand what you mean and how some places offer to give you the difference if the price drops (Amazon/Walmart) but not everyone does this and not everyone needs to do this.

If you chose to buy a certain item from them and they lowered it the next day, then you learned a lesson, don't purchase things so quickly, wait until the last day or hour to see if the price changes.

EA got me when I bought SWBF1 for $100 only for them to reduce the price of it down to $20 3 weeks later. Now I learned never to pre-order a game from them ever again.

Everyone makes mistakes, you made yours, live and learn also tough beans 'cause those V day charms were meh
Message 7 of 17 (864 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@M0nkyD1uffyThe crowd has spoken it seems, cause at least 1 soul heard and agreed with me.

I’m not even gonna reply negative to your post cause you’ll likely still not learn that you’re out of your depth here. Go cry about your hard earned coin that you likely won’t get back, learn to not spend it on stuff you don’t need and have a nice day Wink

Trollz FTW!

@blkarmphoenix I’m in the camp of everyone may speak the way they want. Mine was neutral reality check, his responds is belligerent because he likely doesn’t know how to respond any other way being called out and knowing he’s in the wrong. So I don’t hold it against him. Even if he was acceptant of the info I gave him, he’d not get money back because threads like these have come up multiple times and so far I’ve never heard of any of them getting their money or difference paid back. 

If EA would do this, they’d have to do this for other games as well and how often the sales are going for, a lot of money would have to be paid back and the next juridical question would be the question of ‘when does one get money back and when does one get nothing’. And later on other companies would have to adapt to enabling this practice as well. 

Message 8 of 17 (836 Views)

★★ Expert

Wal-mart is hiring!

Heart

Message 9 of 17 (808 Views)

Hey @M0nkyD1uffy 

I have an update on the situation for you.

Anyone that bought the charm at the higher price will get the difference in coins refunded back their account. Standard smile

Heads up, Legends. We recently changed the price of the Lovefinder charm to 700 AC and extended the purchase window by one day.

If you purchased the charm before the change was made, you’ll be refunded the difference in AC automatically.

— Apex Legends (@PlayApex) 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 10 of 17 (780 Views)