by Lucifer00X

Original Post

Re: ps4 controller on pc origin

★★★ Novice
@Fred_vdp It worked! Thanks.
Message 11 of 37 (16,003 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’ve noticed that games that natively support the DS4 and have the icons will not work correctly if you have “PS4 controller support” checked in the options of steam. 

I had the same issue with Greedfall, and Witcher 3. It showed the Xbox buttons and prompts, but once I went in and unchecked the PS4 compatibility when I launched the game it was straight DS4 buttons. I’d recommend trying that! 

Message 12 of 37 (15,986 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Replied before I saw you got it working, awesome!

Message 13 of 37 (15,986 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Crum1515 wrote:

I had the same issue with Greedfall, and Witcher 3.

That's good to know. I tested GreedFall with my DS4 a while back and got Xbox icons (though I'm enjoying it with mouse and keyboard just fine). I guess I'll just always disable it in the Steam settings unless I absolutely need it.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 14 of 37 (15,964 Views)

★★★ Novice

Do you have to have anything else checked? I've relaunched the game a few times after unchecking that and my DS4 works, but control prompts are still Xbox. I know it's drastic, but going to try rebooting next and see if that helps.

Maybe you can link a screenshot of your settings and the in-game controller menu? Not saying I don't believe you, but I definitely can't seem to get it working through Steam.

Message 15 of 37 (15,937 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SoothingBreeze I figured out my problem. You have to launch the game from Big Picture mode *and* have PS4 Controller Support unchecked. Thanks everyone.
Message 16 of 37 (15,919 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I still can't get the DS4 to work in the game at all. I have it paired to Windows 10 through bluetooth, and Steam recognizes the controller. I've tried checking and unchecking the PS4 controller support and restarting the controller in between, and launched the game from Big Picture mode as well.

It's probably Origin getting in the way. It works to navigate around Big Picture but button presses aren't doing anything in game.

Edit: I got the controller to work by going under Manage Game in big picture mode and changing the controller options to Force On. It's still showing Xbox controller buttons though in game, but it's a start!

Message 17 of 37 (15,888 Views)

★★★ Novice

My motherboard has onboard Bluetooth, and that didn't work for me. I also have the official PS4 dongle, which was like $15 bucks. If I use the official dongle I get PS4 prompts, but if I use onboard I get Xbox prompts.

When I originally bought it years ago it was $15... Amazon seems to sell them for $75 which is insane... Gamestop seems to have it for $9 though, so if you have to have PS4 prompts maybe check that out.

Or hopefully someone can let us know how to get it with normal bluetooth.

Message 18 of 37 (15,824 Views)

★ Novice

That's probably it then. I've tried Bluetooth and USB.

I actually have one of those PS4 dongles somewhere. I'll try to find it.

Thanks!

Message 19 of 37 (15,805 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you are connected via a non-Sony Bluetooth dongle/adapter, the game will only pick the controller up as an Xbox controller (while using DS4Windows)

If you turn off DS4Windows, the controller doesnt work at all

If you connect the DS4 using USB, everything works perfectly with DS4 button prompts in-game etc

Obviously an issue with using non-Sony dongles....not sure if there is any way around it for the Origin version. If you are using the Steam version though, it probably works fine using Steam DS4 support via big picture. (It does for other steam games)

Message 20 of 37 (15,705 Views)