Accepted Solution

ps4 controller on pc origin

★★★ Novice

can i play star war jedi fallen order in pc (origin) using ps4 controller

Message 1 of 37 (110,745 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: ps4 controller on pc origin

★★★★ Novice

Just an FYI, through the origin client there is full support for the DS4 for Jedi:FO.  The options menu even displays the PS4 controller picture on the button mapping.

View in thread

Message 5 of 37 (110,557 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

@Lucifer00X wrote:

can i play star war jedi fallen order in pc (origin) using ps4 controller

I've not seen official confirmation that it's a yes. I cancelled my preorder with Origin and changed to Steam for this reason as they offer full controller support. I read a post recently stating that xbox controller support was included on Origin for PC so I'm guessing we could use a ps4 controller on PC if we had DS4Windows installed?

Message 2 of 37 (110,645 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I asked someone from EA and the answer was that there's no support for it in Origin. You can always use an emulator (DS4Windows as the person above me mentioned), or if you don't mind two launchers, run Origin through Steam so you can use Steam's PS4 drivers.

Update: DS4 controllers may be supported after all.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 37 (110,636 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Fred_vdp thanks
Message 4 of 37 (110,605 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just an FYI, through the origin client there is full support for the DS4 for Jedi:FO.  The options menu even displays the PS4 controller picture on the button mapping.

Message 5 of 37 (110,558 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Crum1515 wrote:

That's great to hear, since I have a DS4 controller myself.

Looks like my info was outdated. I unmarked my reply as the solution and set it to your reply instead.

Message 6 of 37 (110,409 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, super happy about it. The few games I play on origin dontt have either ds4 support or ds4 icons (madden 20, DA:I, NFS:heat) so I was fully expecting your answer to ring true haha; was pleasantly surprised when I saw the full native support!

Message 7 of 37 (110,389 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Crum1515 I've bought Fallen Order through steam, which also has a full DS4 support. For some reason the button prompts in game are all xbox. Any idea how to fix that?
Message 8 of 37 (110,345 Views)

Hero

Maybe Steam's drivers are overriding the game settings. What happens if you disable PS4 controller support in the Steam settings?

Message 9 of 37 (110,330 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Fred_vdp Will check, but I know that steam should use ps4 button prompts where possible.
Message 10 of 37 (110,323 Views)