Re: price difference in origin

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Accepted Solution

price difference in origin

★★★ Newbie

Hi all,

It really pissed me off when I PRE-ORDERED FIFA 22 FROM ORIGIN.

Seeing at the attached screenshot one may easily find the discrepancy between the PRICE of FIFA 22 (Standard) on Origin and Steam.

My friend bought FIFA 22 (Standard) from steam with 2999 (currency in INR, including taxes) where in I personally have bought it for ₹3,538.82 (currency in INR, including taxes).

It is disheartening for all of your userbase when you sell your product on much lesser price to a third-party digital distribution platform than your own!

Looking forward for a valid justification and resolution on this.

Regards,

Astronaut404YT

Message 1 of 2 (343 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi @astronaut789

The base price for FIFA 22 is the same on Steam and Origin. This may come down to Steam using different regional protocols for payments versus Origin. I'm afraid we don't really have any visibility into the Steam payment system, so we don't have a way of seeing the details of purchases made through the Steam store. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (327 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @astronaut789

The base price for FIFA 22 is the same on Steam and Origin. This may come down to Steam using different regional protocols for payments versus Origin. I'm afraid we don't really have any visibility into the Steam payment system, so we don't have a way of seeing the details of purchases made through the Steam store. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 2 (328 Views)