people who solo que in ranked should get a -5 rp discount

★★★★ Pro

of course starting from gold and up 

Message 1 of 10 (457 Views)

Re: people who solo que in ranked should get a -5 rp discount

★★★★★ Expert
Message 2 of 10 (439 Views)

@soccerking122 haha, but half the fun are the bragging rights of having made it to the top ranks carrying randos.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 10 (420 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@soccerking122 I think if a squad mate separates so far from the group & dies that should be automatic loss forgiveness lol
Message 4 of 10 (396 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@soccerking122  Why? Solo is already easier (although duo is easiest), at least as long as they're put in separate lobbies from 3-man. And as far as I can see that's definitely the case for plat and diamond.

Message 5 of 10 (387 Views)

★ Expert

@Biochemikas Solo queuing is easier? Are you serious? Lmao

Message 6 of 10 (375 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@Cro_PitttDefinitely. Solo lobbies are much much softer than 3-man lobbies.
It's quite typical for half of the teams to die before 1st ring closes in solo lobbies in plat, while 3-man plat lobbies, you'd sometimes be looking at 15+ teams still alive at that time.
I recently was in a solo lobby where the last 6 teams were 5 solo's and 1 full team. Obviously, the full squad won, but if you were 1 of those solo's, you'd have a much better chance to get good points, than if you were in a game with 5 full squads and you. In 3-man lobbies, there's usually mostly full squads still alive at the end.

Best way to rank up is still duo though (assuming you have anyone better than random to duo with), as as far as I've seen, 2+1 still play in solo lobbies, at least most of the time.

P.S. That's most likely not true for master/pred lobbies (maybe even diamond), as there's not enough players to fill separate lobbies for solo/duo and 3-man (and I would guess the preference is to put them together rather than mix players of lower ranks in). But for plat - that's definitely still true (unless you play on a small server with small playerbase? I have no experience with that, I play only EU/NA PC).

Message 7 of 10 (359 Views)

★ Expert
@soccerking122 nah the only compensation solo players need is that they lose the same points as the lowest rank your team have. Who knows it might even encourage people to play solo more.
Message 8 of 10 (346 Views)

Champion
@Biochemikas Duos also get put in with premades too. I play in a duo daily and get killed by people holding hands plenty of times.

I will agree tho, my solo lobbies are easier than my duo or trio lobbies duo to the sbmm taking into account the premade aspect. It is still easier to win a match with people you play with sensibly than randoms tho.
Message 9 of 10 (329 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@hayhorI played about equal parts solo/trio and a bit less duo this season and all I can say solo and duo lobbies feel pretty much the same, most of the time, while trios are completely different game.

As for RP gain, I probably gained most from those duo games, even though I played them the least. 2nd place by points gain would go to solo and 3rd to Discord group trio games.
Also, with clubs, I can see that I very often get a duo on my team when I play solo, but the lobbies are definitely still solo by the feel of it.

I haven't played that many diamond games yet (maybe 30 or so), but judging by how teams are not dying early game, it feels that the lobbies are mixed already in diamond (well if diamond is still top1%, that's expected to happen I guess, especially when queue times are so short). I would still expect the matchmaker to prioritise clumping 3-man teams together, so playing solo should still get somewhat softer lobbies, but the top5's where the real points are might be tough still.

As for teams moving together in duos/solos, well, I mean, we know how to ping and use voice chat in solo's too... Plat+ is not bronze after all. So that's in no way proof of 3-stacking. 1 person does something, 2 follow, coordination happens. And you only notice it when the enemies do that successfully anyway. It's more consistent in 3-man stacks, but it's not that easy to differentiate when you're on the receiving end of successful coordination.

Message 10 of 10 (321 Views)