Re: people are teaming up in solo

by bosourd

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@bosourd yes, it is my logic, proven by the fact that it's happening in solos from day one. Good luck in trying to find legal ways to stop people for peeking at their roommate's monitor or to listen their microphones, or to set the rules that would define the illegal teaming up.

I don't see any difference between this teaming up thing and third partying, as in both situations I end up shot from multiple angles. No one can prevent this from happening outside of a controlled environment, people need to accept this and stop accusing the game creators that they don't care.

Message 21 of 78 (2,853 Views)

★★ Pro
@DoYaSeeMe i don’t see people complaining to the devs, people just throw out their experience of solos, no one blaming on respawn on this, this is the matter of the sportmanship and realizing that solo means solo, not pairing up in match with someone you don’t even know (or your friend for that matter).

Third Partying is when you see 2 (or more) squads/players in a fight and you see a chance to steal the kills or wipe them out in one go.

While Teamming-Up is when you’re not supposed to have a teammate and yet you decided to have 1 or 2 in order to take an advantage on winning the match.

My point is, it’s not fair towards other players who really want to play solo, 1v1. not 1v2, not 1v3, we had enough of that in normal queue and that’s why we want solo.

And since you can’t understand between Third Partying & Teamming-Up (In Solo Mode), and you probably one of those players who team up in solo or would love to do that if you have a chance, this discussion is clearly going nowhere.

Also, don’t “good luck” me, i killed a bunch of those noobs who teammed up in solo, i think i’m good. I just love this game and those kinds of behaviour ruin the experience for a lot of people.
Message 22 of 78 (2,834 Views)

★★ Expert

@DoYaSeeMe 

"I don't see any difference between this teaming up thing and third partying"

Seriously? That's like saying "I don't see any difference between carrots and potatoes"

Heart

Message 23 of 78 (2,828 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@DoYaSeeMe Wow.
Message 24 of 78 (2,820 Views)

★★ Pro
@jumanjaydazed i couldn’t have said it any better *
Message 25 of 78 (2,819 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

So, I just finished a game where 3 guys teamed up with me. Basically following me from behind, but not shooting at me. I would turn around and fire a few shots, they would hide, I would keep moving then they continued to follow. I thought we would have a boxing match at the end until the one guy head shot me! lol  Funny, but kind of annoying at the same time cause of their style of trolling. Pretty sure the dude I killed, who was spectating me, thought sth was up...Thinking

Heart

Message 26 of 78 (2,781 Views)

★★★ Expert

@bosourd then congratulations, if you were able to wipe out teamed up solos, you stand as proof that this is not a big issue and can be overcome Standard smile

Ok, you say that no one is blaming Respawn, but this is not the only post and forum where this issue is discussed. I  already see people demanding bans for those, it's just a matter of time until they throw stones at devs. If it won't happen, great.

My statement was from the perspective of the victim of 3rd partying or teamed up enemies. I die the same way, shot from multiple angles or when I'm low and healing, without being able to tell if they work together or not. This solo mode is actually 1 vs 59, with the most value put on survival, so it's an ideal environment for teaming up, third partying, camping, kill stealing. You can't accuse me for teaming up in solo, I'm not a big fan of this mode and this is one reason why I prefer playing and heavily advocate for team mode, although I find establishing forms of communication and cooperation with total strangers during a match really interesting. 

Actually, thinking of it more, what people may actually need is a tournament of duels. I have some ideas about this and will probably put them out in the creators corner in the following days.

Message 27 of 78 (2,305 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi guys, thought this would interest you.

Got teamed on, added the guy as a friend and conversed with him about it. He was Russian, but the gist of it is that he confirmed the way he did it was counting down until you click "Ready" with a mate in Discord. I really hope there's a report reason for this soon, it's scumbag grinding really. See the attachment for as much proof as I can get.

Message 28 of 78 (2,270 Views)

★★ Pro
@DoYaSeeMe those are the normal ways to die, from a 3rd party, against a full squad (In squad mode, ofc.), or against one player, and there is no way you can blame anyone except when a cheater got you.

If you are not a fan of this mode then i can understand why teamming-up is not a problem for you. 2 or more players literally at the same house rotating waiting for you. Solo is not an ideal environment for having teammates on your back, how is that fair? And if you said that solo mode is actually a 1v59, have you ever see those 59 players running side-by-side shooting at you?

There's proofs that people intentionally trying to be in the same lobby so they can team-up. The simple question is, if you want to team-up, why don't you do it in a normal queue? And the answer is of course, because it's easier to win if you have teammates while everybody else is on their own in solo. And that leads more player to join the train and taking an advantage and solo mode lost its purpose.

If you play PU*G, there is a report button for teamming-up, even when you are in a full squad mode, the feature still exist.

The tourney sounds promising, but that is for another matter, let solo be solo, don't ruin it because you have the "strategy" that obviously unfair to others.
Message 29 of 78 (2,104 Views)

★★★ Expert

@jumanjaydazed it sounds like they had a good strategy Standard smile. Your fire would've drawn attention on you, you were actually their bait / bullet magnet.

Not all people have the same idea of fun, some like trolling, what can you do. I was watching Zylbrad the other day having fun with the last guy in a solo mode match. It was fun to watch, but not for that downed guy that had a golden shield and felt so humiliated that crawled outside the ring to die.

Message 30 of 78 (1,879 Views)