peacekeeper

by zulubarwastaken

Original Post

Re: peacekeeper

★★★★ Apprentice
Instead of hating on a weapon, try to devise ways to counter it. Caustic for example loves shotgun enemies, since they have to get close and step into his Nox trapped zones to find him.

Shotgun users are also often runners and flankers, meaning they zone their vision on one enemy and go for him/her. Have your team at the ready for such a move and simply draw him/her out to where you want the fight to happen.
Message 11 of 17 (297 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@zulubarwastaken wrote:

@ArmoredCav wrote:

Get better at countering it scrub.

there's no real way to counter shotguns. you're either in combat with him, or he's running away since he knows he's out of range. cover doesn't do a whole lot since 1 shell > 1-3 auto bullet, and it just takes 1 shot to the head to completely destroy the target which isn't that hard since you don't have to deal with recoil and knowing that a single bullet doesn't hit for only 20 versus 114.

@ArmoredCav wrote:

At least when I come at you with my shotgun I -could- miss and you -could- kill me. But since I’m actually skilled with the shotgun unlike my teammates I’ll probably down you in two shots with armor. Salty * scrub. Lol. Kids these days. 

yea you could come at me with a shotgun, it would be insanely unwise to not at least have some cover to come in and out of to shoot a single shell which you don't have to aim pretty much, devastating my hp versus my 2-3 pellets i fire at you. also the skill cap for shotguns in basically every fp is incredibly low. btw where do you fit in on the list? i take you're #2 given the emotion you put into your comment and the levels of hate directed at me

if you can't understand how ridiculous shotguns are in general, let alone in this game, you probably need to reevaluate your game knowledge and skill

If you go against a skilled player who uses a shotgun you might as well hope that the game favors you or you're dead. I have plenty of ways to counter a shotgun. So I don't know about you, but if I come with a shotgun and I see another PK'er, you damn well can be sure I shoot first and don't miss. 

I don't run when it's 1 v 1 and I have my trusted side piece equiped. I don't know against what lvl of players you play, but like you said, ppl can rampage with the shotguns... well guess what, ppl can do that with any good gun. I've seen teammates and others rambo'ing with peacekeepers, spitfires, wingmen, prowlers, hell I've even seen people go nuts with a devotion. Don't blame the shotgun just cause a guy got too close. 

Just like @ArmoredCav I hate camping noobs with snipers who take me out in other games. This game is fast paced, so yea, power to the shotgun!

have you seen someone with bad aim trying to shotgun in close proximity? It's hilarious. I down 2 guys only to get shot in my back... I turn around and manage to hit the guy quite a few times before I die. My teammate has a peacekeeper. I'm thinking one shot and guys down. They jump like messed up bunnies, one with peacekeeper, other with I believe an smg... guy can't land 1 single hit and yup, my team's down. Just pray that you meet someone as unskilled as him next time you see the Peacekeeper

Message 12 of 17 (296 Views)

★ Apprentice

Its funny seeing the "TTV", since i've started seeing them in game and hoooboy are they the most sensitive person when they don't get the character they wanted. Its like listening to a 9 year old screaming because mom and dad turned off minecraft. So bad and sad that this was an actual thing i experienced in this game. 

Message 13 of 17 (291 Views)

★ Apprentice

Also Peacekeeper is good. Why don't you use it? I can't aim for * with it but when i do.. i do.. lol

Message 14 of 17 (291 Views)

★★ Guide

regardless of peoples stance.the peacekeeper is the most easy to kill gun in this game,FACT!.NO recoil,NOT just good at short range,it can go alot further than CQC because there isn't damage drop off in this game.instant 114 damage and headshots without aiming down sight just by hip firing.1 pull of the trigger,114 damage,1 pull of the trigger on the other guns,you have to master and fight the recoil and do very small amounts of damage if you do manage to land many shots,in that time,peacekeeper has done 228 damage and 2 headshots with ZERO recoil or aim.

9/10 times if i die its to a peacekeeper.pretty much all you hear is the hopup or the gun firing in the majority of battles.

To say its not easy to use and get kills on vs any other guns when clearly the majority of players use it is just pure dishonesty.

go test all the guns in the training mode and you will soon see why peacekeeper is the go to weapon.

the only way to counter a peacekeeper is to use a peacekeeper,its that simple,not a very healthy thing to have to do in a game but if you can't beat them with the other spud guns,join them....

Message 15 of 17 (282 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I agree with you. I feel it's too powerful and should be a special pick up when a pod drops. This would stop the spammers from using it so much. I don't feel they should change it but make it harder to find. The Peacekeeper and the Mastiff should only be drops. The Eva 8 Auto and Mozambique should be the regulars.
Message 16 of 17 (250 Views)

★★★ Guide
When you post this message on the community forum you're either.

1. Butt hurt because you kept losing.
2. Butt hurt because you can't get any kills with the peace keeper yourself.
3. Butt hurt because you're an over-all bad player that can't seem to perform well enough no matter what he does and needs an outlet to blow of steam.

You think peacekeepers are too OP and low?
Use it yourself, don't fight them, join them.
May the best noob win.

PRO TIP: Having a hard time dealing with a peacekeeper? create space between you and the target, like any shotgun their damage decreases depending on the range in between the shotgun and target.

Message 17 of 17 (236 Views)