Re: only prideful phttps://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/only-layer left?

by warslag

Original Post

Re: only prideful player left?

★ Guide

so what do you call "provided your hitting the target"? that sounds like skill to me...cause if you miss a few shots in a trade off your gonna have to reload while that guy with the spitfire is just chuggin away...doo doo doo....doo doo doo...

Message 11 of 21 (530 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Lol,

From this
https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Apex-Best-game-around/m-p/7850446#M24606

To this
https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/lowest-skill-gap-of-any-game-ever/m-p/7853085#M24745

And then this topic.
Being a prideful player, can you also refuse to post the same things over and over again?

Message 12 of 21 (507 Views)

Re: only prideful phttps://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/only-layer left?

I don't believe "prideful" players exist.

Just roll with the guns you come across or feel like using that game.

Some guns are stronger but that doesn't mean you aren't a respectable player if you use them.

It's called meta and preference and there aren't wrong gun choices.
I think sportsmanlike conduct in game's really important, you can limit your gun choices yourself if you want.

That's 100% up to you, but calling others bad, unsportsmanlike or unprideful because they use those guns is wrong.

Zeelmaekers

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 13 of 21 (499 Views)

Champion (Retired)

As @Zeelmaekers said, a player should really be choosing his load-out based on the weapons and items available to him. That is the most effective way to play.

For example: if you pick up a level 3 barrel stabiliser, and you have the choice between an R301 and a Devotion, then you could take the Devotion as it benefits more from the L3 stab.

Or, you may want to benefit your team by taking weapons that don't conflict with their ammo types.

There are different ways to play based on your perspective while you're playing and the circumstances of your match. Thinking

Message 14 of 21 (474 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@DontSilenceMe 

Be sure to check out our Weapons & Loot Feedback board. 

The game team is always looking at weapon balance and trends. They have a good idea how things will play out when a game is launched but will make adjustments as time goes on based off data and player feedback. I'm not sure if you saw this in their 1.1.1 patch notes but they touched up on the reasoning behind the changes.

On the weapons side of the equation, we’ve made a number of changes to try to improve the power of long range gameplay. We’re reducing leg shot damage reductions on sniper category weapons, so you’re not punished for landing inaccurate shots at long distances. Given the semi-auto and low damage nature of our current sniper suite, coupled with the general speed and evasiveness of many Legend kits, it already takes several challenging shots to down someone at range. Because of this difficult sniper environment, we’re also reducing general sniper weapon sway and hitting the DMR with a few targeted buffs to make it more viable to engage Legends at range.

Separately from the sniper category, we are nerfing the Spitfire a bit, but our goal is to still keep it strong, as it’s a rarer spawning weapon. The Wingman is receiving a few magazine size nerfs, so that it doesn’t dominate the stock gun vs. stock gun battle early on due to its super high damage per bullet. Lastly, the Havoc is getting some general ammo and charge beam buffs to bring it in line as a viable energy ammo AR that competes with the R-301 and Flatine/Hemlok. The end goal is that the Havoc pressures a player’s ability to find Energy ammo, but is less dependent on finding attachments, whereas the R-301 and Flatline/Hemlok have less ammo pressure, but a higher reliance on finding more attachments to achieve power.

As others brought this up, it's really up to your own playstyle. The Wingman can still be amazing when you find an extended magazine and skull piercer attachment for it, but early game you could have trouble with it due to magazine size. The longbow was hardly being used so the team made some changes to encourage players to test it out more often. It's hard to gauge how "good" players will be with a weapon unless they're being used in combat, so the game team should get a better idea of what direction on weapon balance as skill gaps are better defined over time. Trends are pointing to hte longbow being really fun to use now though. Standard smile

Blueberry.png
Message 15 of 21 (440 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@DontSilenceMe 

It's not about 'Weapon Skills, it's that no matter what weapon you use, with the exception of a few pistols, all you need is the ammo and the ability to keep hitting the target!

All the weapons pretty much require the same level of Skill to use, meaning, what was said before, you need to 'Hit the target' shoot people to win, and if you can point and aim, then it happens with all the weapons.

Some weapons certainly have higher impact, but if you can't shoot someone, then it doesn't matter.

The only skill is learning how to AIM when are trying to shoot a moving target and at the same time you are jumping and moving around to avoid being hit.

The SKILL is in the MOUSE & KEYBOARD usage! You get your Mouse & Keyboard skills down, you'll kill people with just about any weapon out there... Wink

The facts are that some weapons require more shooting to kill someone, and so the only skill involved is to be able to continue hitting a moving target, which as I said, is about good mouse and keyboard control, not the difficulty of the weapons.

Now does any of this make any sense to you?

@EA_Blueberry 

Don't forget about the DELAY in the Havoc when you first pull the trigger as it loads up! This concept in Havoc should really get the NERF, so that when you fire, it's instant, no more delays... Wink

Message 16 of 21 (416 Views)

★ Guide

i dont feel like its wrong at all...the only reason to run a peacekeeper is to deal massive dmg or guaranteed dmg with a giant reticle....there is no other reason..."its better close range"...why? because its easier than tracking 12 shots accurately? meta to me is the same as broken. whatever is broken becomes the new meta. thats why the "meta" changes...when the patch comes out and the "meta" is no longer the broken game feature the next unfixed broken feature becomes the new "meta"...nobody used to run pathfinder becasue he had a huge hitbox...no he has 0 hitbox and is the new meta...if your always exploiting broken features how is it not unsportsmanlike or unprideful?

Message 17 of 21 (386 Views)

★ Guide

@xpl0its i get what your saying...i dont think your understanding me here...are you telling me its easier for a new fps player to spray a 30 rnd spitfire or accurately hit with a 10 rnd scout?

does this make sense to you?

are you telling me that a longbow is easier for a new fps player to use than a peacekeeper?

does it make sense to you that the easiest gun in the game to land a shot with does 150 dmg in a single trigger pull?

Message 18 of 21 (385 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@DontSilenceMe 

Here's the best way I can break it down, since you made a good reply with your concerns...

@SG_Armastama i get what your saying...i dont think your understanding me here...are you telling me its easier for a new fps player to spray a 30 rnd spitfire or accurately hit with a 10 rnd scout?

Each weapon is going to be a personal choice.

Yes

are you telling me that a longbow is easier for a new fps player to use than a peacekeeper?

No, each weapon as I mentioned is a personal choice, based on your playing style.

Yes

does it make sense to you that the easiest gun in the game to land a shot with does 150 dmg in a single trigger pull?

Given the nature of this game, most of the time, you have to be fast.

Try this next time you play, if you can handle the recoil use a R99, if you don't like the recoil, then carry an R301 and a Peackeeper. Make sure both weapons are fully kitted with all the options.

Now, hopefully you can carry yourself to the latter part of the game where you are going to run into the better players all in Purple Armor, some even in Gold, with them at Close Range, and I mean like 30-50ft in front of you, try killing them with the Peacekeeper, then try next time killing with the R99 or R301.

I think what you might be missing here is the idea that it takes a certain amount of shots to create damage to knock someone down, and the faster you do that, the better. So even though the R99 & R301 do less damage as Light Ammo weapons, their speed makes up for the difference, where it becomes easier to knock people down.

Now most of what I am describing is Close to Mid Range shooting, sure there can be some Long Range battles, so if you think your Sniping skills are down to it, then carry Sniper weapons, but to be honest, most of this game at some point does end up in Close to Mid range battles.

Now hopefully what I've said makes sense?

Message 19 of 21 (351 Views)

★ Guide

https://youtu.be/mvBDLUkJgK4

Pls pay special attention to 4:44-4:58 especially absolute lack of required aiming in the two long distance shots at 4:55

Then again 7:06-7:15...absolutely 0 aim required...the reticle is 5x the character model...dmg is dmg and the ease of dmg with a low skill gun such as the pk is ridiculous

Message 20 of 21 (321 Views)