Re: no sbmm because we have ranked for true games

by DarthValtrex

Original Post

no sbmm because we have ranked for true games

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

i hear the argument no sbmm because casual is for fun only and ranked is for true skill games, but what if you never play ranked and sbmm makes the game enjoyable? no you say we have ranked for that but thats a circular argument i hear people complain religion uses...if the shoe fits they say to wear it...

Message 1 of 6 (339 Views)

Champion

@gg123xyz  i suppose that raises the question of why aint you playing ranked if it already had sbmm?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 6 (321 Views)

@MandatoryIDtag Well ranked is not entirely skill based until you start to get into platinum where you are basically required to get
Kills to break even on RP.

You can basically camp your way to positive RP through gold.

SBMM is entirely based on skill.. ability to kill and so on.

Toss in that most new/low skill players won’t touch ranked because they think they are not ready for it. I avoided it for months.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 6 (316 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@DarthValtrex  the SBMM is only inaccurate for ranked slackers like me and you, most of the players in these lower ranks are exactly where they should be. Which is the main reason i didnt bother with ranked this season, by the time i had the map and end circles etc nailed my skillset of players had already moved too far ahead lol.

Randomly playing ranked in any league is a pain in the butt, especially in the lower leagues when sbmm gives you the worst players in the lobby to balance the game out. XD

Morale of the story is, if you're going to play ranked do it early.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 6 (297 Views)

@MandatoryIDtag I do okay, in ranked gold. Randoms make it a whole lot more interesting.

Message 5 of 6 (269 Views)

@MandatoryIDtag True to some degree. I should be more focused on pushing to higher ranks. I do want that diamond trail though. I have no expectations of making predator. I run across them and I’m dead instantly scratching my head going what happened?!

Message 6 of 6 (239 Views)