Re: Leaver penalty is a joke.

by jonesy0218

Original Post

need a penalty for leaving game

★★★★ Novice

there should be a penalty for leaving a game sick of team mates leave cause they got killed or even downed 

Message 1 of 11 (414 Views)

Re: need a penalty for leaving game

★★★★★ Guide

There already is a penalty for leaving games. try doing it a few times in a row and you will find out.

Even read a few posts and you would have known.

Message 2 of 11 (405 Views)

Re: need a penalty for leaving game

★★★★ Novice
@DaAceXD i dont leave games so i wouldn't know, looked it up just then and seen it.
Message 3 of 11 (401 Views)

Leaver penalty is a joke.

★★★★★ Guide

Don't get me wrong.

I can't care less for the cute casuals who are roaming the fields like bunny's looking for food complaining their carry left the game.

I think a leaver penalty is meens of fighting a symton that should not exist to begin with.

Matchmaking / solo queu's would reduce leaver penalty's to low enough numbers.

Remove pathfinder in solo queu and it should be fine.

And a penalty is the wrong approach:

So before it was 2 angry people because their squad mate left the game.

Now its 3 angry people.

Because the 2 are still mad their team left and the 3rd is mad becouse he can't play anymore

Even if the penalty is preventing him from leaving big chance he will trashtalk his team.

Because getting trashtalked on is a lot of fun!

When 2 people are left behind increase their loot luck a bit or something.

And if they get far in the match reward them somehow!

( Oh wait you can't reward them this game has 00000000000000000000 endgame currency. )

Thats another problem that should not have existed.

This way everbody will be happier.

Think outside of the box, The developers are terrible at thinking about new stuff.

I can do this in 5 minutes, The developers should be able to do a lot better since its their job!

The only posetive thing i get out of the leaver penalty right now is:

If i ragequit the game 3 times in a row now because of people who must have cheated when they became the fastest seed back then!

The game is actualy protecting my hardware.

Because a 4th time would be a competition between my mouse and my monitor and at least 1 is going to lose.

Message 4 of 11 (461 Views)

★★ Pro
@DaAceXD now we are forced to play with people who talk sh*t from the beginning of the match, with people who don't want to cooperate, with people who steal all the loot and being selfish, yada yada yada you name it.

At least if the devs want to punish player for leaving, the matchmaking have to be fair.

OH and also, seeing a cheater as a champion squad and then going crazy on a killfeed in an early game is a huge turn off.
Message 5 of 11 (440 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@bosourd wrote:
@DaAceXDnow we are forced to play with people who talk sh*t from the beginning of the match, with people who don't want to cooperate, with people who steal all the loot and being selfish, yada yada yada you name it.

At least if the devs want to punish player for leaving, the matchmaking have to be fair.

OH and also, seeing a cheater as a champion squad and then going crazy on a killfeed in an early game is a huge turn off.

The victims of the leaver are in no way helped that he leaver is punished.

They don't even know he got punished.

Thats why im saying you should give the remaining 2 a ''reward'' of somekind.

The moment you get ranked plays.

You should give the remaining 2 mmr or points and take those points out of the leavers pocket. ( Oopsc only when the leaver is not premade with them. )

Ofcourse this is a HUGE invitation to trolling.

( Picking up banner and then trashtalk to the person you want to leave to get his points )

The developers have to think of something better then this.

Thats what they do for a living, And they should starting to use their experience on Original and good solutions over whatever they are attempting now.

Message 6 of 11 (428 Views)

★★ Pro

I don’t see the problem?! You take a choice when jumping into a match. What is expected of you is simply to stick around until you are out of the game. However you get to quit if someone leaves before they are out. 

The punishment only happens if you have left early several times and even then the time penalty is hardly a punishment. 

Increase the time penalty, randoms will be randoms. What we have right now is people just leaving all the time by default. The penalty is a welcome change - but won’t have any effect until they crank it up!

If someone stops playing because of this - good riddance

Message 7 of 11 (414 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@DaAceXD 

So your mad that you get a penalty for leaving a team based game because in your delusional mind you think your Elite. that likes to be the first to die and leave their squad behind.

There isn't going to be solo play, Respawn has said their is nothing in the works and this game is designed as a team based game. Maybe this isn't the game for you.

And Penalties are the right approach, Just because your selfish and don't want to help your team why should we play with a man down. Doesn't mean we want to be carried, it just means most of us that play with randoms wanted to play as a squad.

Message 8 of 11 (398 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Pro

Mute squad and ping.....

Message 9 of 11 (393 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@DaAceXD wrote:

Don't get me wrong.

I can't care less for the cute casuals who are roaming the fields like bunny's looking for food complaining their carry left the game.

But you died and they didn't. Not a very good carry are you? Wink

Message 10 of 11 (353 Views)