mass effect andromeda dlc

by koling3

Original Post

Re: mass effect andromeda dlc

★ Guide

No DLC. Skeleton crew for MP and patches.  MEA has reached its sunset

http://kotaku.com/sources-mass-effect-andromeda-will-not-get-single-pla-1796548159

Message 71 of 134 (1,916 Views)

★ Pro

@angrybunnie wrote:

http://kotaku.com/sources-mass-effect-andromeda-will-not-get-single-pla-1796548159

You should learn to read more closely...especially the part that explains this news was fake and BioWare never heard of this company that made those claims.

Message 72 of 134 (1,913 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Yeah, three unnamed people stated that it was so, so we should believe Kotaku.

@EgoMania wrote:

You should learn to read more closely...especially the part that explains this news was fake and BioWare never heard of this company that made those claims.

Even after it was debunked they are stating there will be no single player DLC. From unnamed "sources familiar" with the situation. I wonder how much they are getting paid to shovel this drek to try and torpedo EA/Bioware?

Message 73 of 134 (1,908 Views)

★ Pro

@arthurh3535 wrote:

Yeah, three unnamed people stated that it was so, so we should believe Kotaku.

yeah that too. I wasn't even talking about Kotaku but I am getting a bit tired of them posting "news" without actual sources.

Message 74 of 134 (1,897 Views)

★ Guide

I understand your skepticism.  

Time will tell.

Message 75 of 134 (1,894 Views)

★ Pro

@angrybunnie wrote:

I understand your skepticism.  

Time will tell.

Skepticism is sorely needed in a world where posting something online is enough for people to believe it.

You are right about one thing though...time will tell indeed, either way.

Message 76 of 134 (1,891 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
The funny thing is, most peeps who says it was a bad game probably only played it for an hour/didn't even play it! It sold hundreds of thousands of copies and made millions. Everyone I've spoke to who actually played it and completed it said they loved it, so going by those facts and the fact that BioWare themselves haven't announced its finished I will keep faith that its all good. I believe that BioWare will simply concentrate on there next projects then when it's time we'll here something. People these days feed of bad news about games they don't personally like/not into, and it's this kind of stuff that sites like kotoku and others also feed of, because it gives them numbers. For me, it's simple...... When the people who make the game announce news, you no it's coming and you no it's 100% happening (most of the time ha ha). But these sites and sources that throw all these wild news reports out there and make stupid comments just to get views! Mass Effect will end when BioWare decides and not anyone else, when they say it's done.... Then it's done! Obviously the release could of gone better BUT they did fix most issues and released patches pretty fast, so they did react to all the * storm that attacked the game in there own way, and I'm pretty confident that they are aware that most fans enjoyed the new game and appreciated the fixes they provided. I reckon at this point there trying to sort out the worst bugs that are left that are effecting players the most. But not every single bug will be fixed, look at the Witcher 3.. Amazing game, I played that game twice. Both play throughs u experienced bugs, and believe me when I say that some issues in that game were absolutely terrible! But most issues were fixed. Mass Effect Andromeda is the same, and so many other games too. So is it perfect..... No, has it got issues...... Yes. Has it got its good and bad points depending on the type of person/player playing it...... Absofuckinglutely yes. But I personally loved it, and the multi-player kicks *, and I want bioware to no to just ignore all this * bad press that's been thrown at it, and that they made an awesome game that was enjoyable to the most of players, and were looking forward to what comes next in Andromeda, or The Milky Way or whatever they decide to do next with the series. And as a massive lover of the series, who's played it for many of hundreds of hours. You have my thumbs up 👍
Message 77 of 134 (1,878 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Maybe we could write some kind of letter or something and then try get as many signatures as possible then send it to BioWare, then see what happens! It would surely get some kind of response, maybe even push BioWare to come away from EA all together and find another publisher? One that would see how special this game is and support BioWare with whatever resources they need. I no its wishful thinking, I mean EA owns BioWare I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) so I don't actually know if that can happen. The problem is that EA are going to have a big say over whether or not they make more games/dlc and although I'm confident that they will, I'd be more positive if EA wasn't involved. I know they've supported BioWare through the whole series, but after hearing that EA didn't exactly give BioWare fully what they needed (and basically told them not to worry to much about facial interactions, if that's true that is) for Andromeda and kind of pushed them to release it early, I'm feeling like EA are just a money machine an don't care about fans and what we want.. Like I say tho, if all that is true! Anyways, Andromeda was awesome and hopefully EA sees this and will support BioWare going forward when its time...
Message 78 of 134 (1,833 Views)

Hero

@angrybunnie wrote:

BioWare has four studios. Mass Effect 3 was made by BioWare Edmonton, but the Omega DLC was made by BioWare Montreal. Dragon Age Inquisition was made by BioWare Edmonton, but The Descent was made by BioWare Austin. The size of BioWare Montreal doesn't mean much if they can hand over the assignment to another team.

What's more relevant is whether or not it's commercially viable to produce a DLC, which seems like a much larger issue.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 79 of 134 (1,817 Views)

★★ Guide

I agree on this, it all boils down to cost. Taking into account all the bad press and the mediocre quality of the game overall ...... maybe later down the line, who knows. However, i don't really think that this IP is done for, they still have a lot of story points to make another game. 

Message 80 of 134 (1,807 Views)