Re: mass effect andromeda dlc

by SofaJockeyUK

Original Post

mass effect andromeda dlc

★★★★★ Newbie

It’s been Over a year since we got massive fact Andromeda and we all want DLC for it so let’s try to make as big as a splash as we can to get noticed so we can get the LC to the game that we love

Message 1 of 6 (1,238 Views)

[ Edited ]

This is a laudable wish, but I think this is an Ark that has sailed.

There was considerable fan support on the topic in July 2017 with #SaveTheQuarians doing the rounds on Twitter.

quarianssimps.png

But the BioWare blog last year (August 19th) was very clear that development was over. https://www.masseffect.com/news/mass-effect-andromeda-update-from-the-studio

A shame, but there it is.

On the plus side, BioWare appears very confident that Mass Effect will be back at some point in the future.

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 6 (1,195 Views)

Hero

I read somewhere that traditional DLC isn't as profitable as it used to be. That's likely more so for Mass Effect Andromeda, which didn't perform as BioWare might have hoped.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 6 (1,182 Views)

★ Pro

@Fred_vdp wrote:

I read somewhere that traditional DLC isn't as profitable as it used to be. That's likely more so for Mass Effect Andromeda, which didn't perform as BioWare might have hoped.

EA also said that people don't want to play single-player games anymore and yet...

The biggest problem with what happened with the DLC is that BioWare/EA showed that they don't back their own products. I am reminded again of FFXIV where the game bombed on release. They said sorry and redid the game to make it right. That shows people they care about their players AND about their own franchises.

Sometimes you've got to take a financial hit or make a little less profit also as a sign towards your community. And maybe it's not as profitable as before but that still means it's profitable I guess. So they give the fans a big middle finger because their bottom line isn't large enough because of mistakes they made.

That's just * poor overall in my view. It doesn't show any commitment or care towards their own franchises and clearly with Anthem they are going for a completely different type of player base. They can say story as often as they like but it doesn't change the fact that Anthem is a co-op shooter game with a story line behind it. They even admitted on twitter that you cannot solo the entire main story and that you'll have to do at least a couple of strongholds (Dungeons) to complete your so-called critical path.

It's ok if BioWare wants to make different types of games but they're not making a game that will appeal to the traditional player base if you can't even complete the main story solo.

Andromeda was dropped because it didn't sell well enough to maintain the extra studio and without it, nobody has time to work on Andromeda. That's the real reason why we don't get DLC I'm quite sure. 

Message 4 of 6 (1,165 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

OR, they wanna compile all their DLC plans into the next Andromeda game, if there's ever going to be one. Confused  who knows... 

Message 5 of 6 (1,113 Views)

@draqonin wrote:

OR, they wanna compile all their DLC plans into the next Andromeda game, if there's ever going to be one. Confused  who knows... 

Both Casey Hudson and Mike Gamble have expressed their enthusiasm for more, though that would be a conversation for another day, and certainly after Anthem was released.

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 6 (1,108 Views)