Re: mass effect andromeda dlc

by Skauron

Original Post

Accepted Solution

mass effect andromeda dlc

★★ Apprentice

Hey everyone I am wondering how the future of Mass Effect Andromeda is looking due to that it is one of my favorit games of all time and it has been a while since i have feelt this kind of connection to a game. That's why I would like to know if there will be any DLCs or an sequel to the game in regards to the meridian END, I sure hope not that due to the hate the game got in the beginning stop the publisher and devs to continue on this master peace. If I have to I will start a kickstarter campaign to help the devs to develope this game future to a trilogy or something.

// Cheers

Message 1 of 134 (19,900 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

The only ones that can answer your question are the people at Electronic Arts/Bioware.

They have made it quite clear so far that they have no intention of communicating with the player base when it comes to this issue.

It doesn't matter what type of answer you get here, they're all nothing but guesses. Yes, some are based on trends and evidence, which is a good thing.. but no one knows for sure. Until EA decides to finally act like a real company and talk to it's customers.. you won't get an answer to this question.

Best advice is keep doing what you're doing. Keep asking, keep trying to pressure EA to address this issue for it's player base. 

View in thread

Message 7 of 134 (22,458 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

There was a planned DLC content, aimed at launch for late June (I think it was 26th?)

I highly doubt EA or Bioware will cease development on any future content simply because of low ratings.

Regarding a sequel:

I think Andromeda was initially meant to be a 'one-off spin-off' BUT after my playthrough, it seems there's plenty of opportunities and story-line left untold (Charlatan, Ryder's Family secrets, Archon's leader etc.... EITHER, we will be treated to a fifth Mass Effect game (yay!), OR failing that, the oncoming DLC(s) will have an enormous amount of content.

Message 2 of 134 (19,688 Views)

★★★ Pro

I ignored ALL the reviews, i had seen some of the reviews and how they did their best to slate, and thats before you take into account the click-bait youtubers who are quick to annihilate a product without actually really properly playing it first.

I enter all huge titles like this with an open mind.. there is only one reviewer i trust.. and that is me.   I don't buy every game that comes out, but as i'd played ME2 and ME3 so much i figured that this game whilst being a leap in a new direction was still worth the punt.

I am really pleased with the game itself,  i've played through once on normal difficulty and am on a higher difficulty play through now.   The game is fun even the second time albeit that i am spacebarring through all the conversations that don't matter as much just to clear the dialogues.   (but that's just me Standard smile )

The game does however have more than its fair share of rather serious bugs right now, and my view regards DLC's is this.. don't DLC the product until you have a much more stable current version, and judging by the volume of bugs discovered even after the 1.07 hotfix (new faults i might add!) then it suggests that there is much more to do in the fixing of the existing product before you start adding a lot more story arc code in such as a DLC.

I will be first in the queue to get any DLC if they made one mind you, but i need to see certain faults fixed first.

Now.. future Mass Effect.. who knows?  what if they reapers somehow followed them to andromeda..  after all, they would want to complete the purge would they not?  would be one hell of a DLC or even sequel to andromeda right there... and the Kett/Chosen do look like the Protheans in ME3.. so it could even be that there is more to the kett than meets the eye.. perhaps even a variant of the protheans that never mastered certain technology perhaps?  So much scope.. but i would hope that they get this product working well first, then re-visit the prospect of a new product or dlc.

Message 3 of 134 (19,686 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Unless they put out an official statement, throwing it in our face that "they're done," I'm expecting DLCs to be coming down the pipe at some point Standard smile

As for the content itself-- I think we'll see the consequences for our choices more clearly in future releases, maybe in the DLCs too.

To reference the trilogy; at the end of ME1, did we know what would happen if we spared the Rachni Queen? Hell, it felt like a minor decision to me at the time!  I believe it's a bit early for consequences of that magnitude at this point in MEA's story.

Now, if one of the DLCs happens to move the MEA timeline forward a couple weeks / months / years (think DAI: Trespasser), then we can start seeing how things turned out. Though, we are lacking DLC details a bit, so we don't know how things will go. Maybe it won't be like DAI Trespasser. We'll see.

Spoiler
For example if you manage to get enough Pathfinders together, Captain Dunn will survive the Hyperion's crash-landing at Meridian. Also, depending on your choices, different folks come to your aid in the final battle. I think it's safe to say that all of this will earn your character points in the future, good or bad.

I also decided to drop my fav gaming sites off my radar while I dived into game the first couple days. I wanted to make up my own damn mind about it.

Did it get its fair share of heat? True. All of it justified? I don't believe so.

Close to the end of my second playthrough and I still have things planned Wink

Message 4 of 134 (19,634 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I suspect the geth were hiding on board the Quarian ships and are now taking over the Kett.. turning into an all new supervillan.. Wink

Which we won't meet until we are playing the great grandkids of the RideHer family..

Message 5 of 134 (19,571 Views)

Depending on who you talk to or listen to, the game is either alive and well, with DLC and plans for more games......or Dead, with zero DLC and no more games for years if ever....

Honestly, I doubt EA will say anything much about DLC until they are close to release, so if the Date above is correct, then mid June we may hear something about upcoming DLC.  As far as new games goes, since MEA is just a few months old and games take years to develop, I wouldn't expect to hear about MEA2 until late 2018 or 2019 gaming conventions.  Mass Effect is a fairly big name in SciFi gaming, not the biggest but still fairly big.  I doubt EA would just abandon it totally, they may wait another game cycle before releasing another if they didn't like the sales numbers and such but I doubt the series is dead.

The only thing we can really do, is post to forums we like it, play the game, buy any DLC that we like and hope for the best.  Only way to know 100% is for EA to come out and announce something, which given their history of not talking, I doubt they will do. 

My personal belief is there will be at least one DLC, and they will look at sales numbers to decide if more are worth it, and depending on that they will continue or "rest" the game.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 134 (19,527 Views)

★ Guide

The only ones that can answer your question are the people at Electronic Arts/Bioware.

They have made it quite clear so far that they have no intention of communicating with the player base when it comes to this issue.

It doesn't matter what type of answer you get here, they're all nothing but guesses. Yes, some are based on trends and evidence, which is a good thing.. but no one knows for sure. Until EA decides to finally act like a real company and talk to it's customers.. you won't get an answer to this question.

Best advice is keep doing what you're doing. Keep asking, keep trying to pressure EA to address this issue for it's player base. 

Message 7 of 134 (22,459 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i absolutely love this game and agree with a kickstarter if it comes to that

Message 8 of 134 (19,492 Views)

★ Guide

@jasonknight101 wrote:

i absolutely love this game and agree with a kickstarter if it comes to that

I agree, I loved Andromeda.

Personally, I'm hoping for more. If they release DLC, I will buy it.

Message 9 of 134 (19,369 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Maybe we should do something, to show how many of us that loves this game and show it to EA and Bioware
Message 10 of 134 (19,233 Views)