Re: mass effect 2 kasumi

by ivrognard

Original Post

Accepted Solution

mass effect 2 kasumi

★★★ Novice

i'm an origin premier subscriber, and thus i have acces to all mass effect 2 dlc's... i think. if this is a bug, because overlord also is not downloaded, how can it be fixed?

Message 1 of 7 (635 Views)

Accepted Solution

The Mass Effect edition available in Origin Access Premier is the Mass Effect Trilogy

You can see its contents here

Cerberus Network content is listed here

So if you want to have access to the all DLC's you may want to buy ME 2 Deluxe and the ME2 DLC Bundle

Those will remain in your gaming library even when the subscription will end and you can play them whenever you want. They are in sales now and then, though the DLC bundle highest discount was 50% in the last Winter sale. The vanilla game usually varies between 50% - 75% depending on sale.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (605 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @krauss025 

Unfortunately, Origin Access Premier doesn't include all extra content for Mass Effect 2. With the membership you're getting access to the ME2 Deluxe Edition with a few digital bonuses, but not to the DLCs like Kasumi - Stolen Memory or Ovelord.

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 7 (616 Views)

The Mass Effect edition available in Origin Access Premier is the Mass Effect Trilogy

You can see its contents here

Cerberus Network content is listed here

So if you want to have access to the all DLC's you may want to buy ME 2 Deluxe and the ME2 DLC Bundle

Those will remain in your gaming library even when the subscription will end and you can play them whenever you want. They are in sales now and then, though the DLC bundle highest discount was 50% in the last Winter sale. The vanilla game usually varies between 50% - 75% depending on sale.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 3 of 7 (606 Views)

★★★ Novice
Indeed, nice customer service. While i thank you for the promt response, i can't help to not show how wrong this is. You know, we're talking about an 8 years old game and, as i discovered, the same thing applies to mass effect 3 citadel and omega dlc. Not sure this is the best way to keep people subscribed to your service, as the service doesn't provide access to the whole game(5 to allmost 9 years old dlcs). Anyway, thank you for the reply, have a nice day Standard smile
Message 4 of 7 (602 Views)

[ Edited ]

@krauss025 well, the Premier service it's still an work in progress and they do keep adding things to it. So any constructive feedback will help EA to make it better.

Personally, i am an old fashioned guy and i prefer to buy my games. I have all the ME games (Andromeda included) and all the DA games and i've bought the DLC's back when the DLC were sold via Bioware Points. I have zero regrets for doing it that way. Thing is that i have almost all of the games offered in Premier on other gaming platforms, so there is no point for me to subscribe. And i tend to buy the EA games that are of any interest to me. 

On the other hand, the amount of games offered in the Premier isn't exactly a bad deal. In other conditions, i would had probably jumped on it. 

Bottom line: more customer feedback, more chances to see improvements to the service.

Message 5 of 7 (593 Views)

★★★ Novice
As did i. I bought the whole mass effect series, andromeda included, i bought anthem and i still own a premiere subscription. My subscription is a mean to support this ideea, but i don't like when i'm feeling ripped off, because this ain't due to some oversight. When they introduced the game, a discussion took place,it wasn't a decision made by on man on a whim, or poor management, they chose that some of the dlcs should be bought, to increase revenue. Now follows the not so fun part: if i bought so many games and paying a monthly subscription, why should i still buy 5-10 years old dlc? Where is the point in keeping that subscription, considering that a gamer, like me, plays games like the ME once a year at most. I belive that the ideea to pay for dlcs for a complete experience while allready paying a subscription that allows you to...play games that you own, not healthy. Hope some guys from EA will read this, and take it into consideration, because i don't belive such decisions are good. Right now, logically speaking, for a complete experience from the mass effect series, i should cancel next's month subscription, so i can buy the dlc's and play it.
Well, here's to hoping!
Message 6 of 7 (577 Views)
Highlighted

@krauss025 trouble is that most of the games in Premier Access lack the DLC that would offer a complete experience. Sims 3, Sims 4, DA 2 and a few other titles. Hopefully, the team that is in charge of the Premier service will pass on the feedback (others raised similar concerned for different titles) and the management will make the decisiosn that will bring in the goodwill of the customers and it will increase the number of the users. 

From my point of view the Premier service is good for the people that want to play and try a large number of games and do not want to use any other platform than Origin. That is not my case. I have a rather extensive gaming library spread on several platforms, totaling around 2k games. So no advantage for me, as i have no qualms of having my games spread on more platforms. I buy EA games on Origin, Ubisoft games directly from their store, anything else on Steam or GOG (if there is a DRM free option, i will go for it). 

Some people want to play a handful of titles from a certain series (FIFA, Battlefield, etc). Those people also seem happy with a subscription. The exception in this case: the Sims players. Premier offers only Sims 3: Starter Pack and Sims 4: Deluxe Edition and no other expansions/stuff packs. But if they would be offered those, they would jump on the subscription wagon immediately. 

There is room for improvement and we can only hope it will happen. The service is relatively new, so it will take some time until it will get its bearings right. So, customer feedback is crucial in this phase, as it will definitely define the direction where they will take this service. Bugs, constructive criticism, suggestions are welcomed and i am pretty sure they do read those. Standard smile

If i am to recommend, currently, the Premier subscription, that won't be because of the EA titles, but because of the third-party titles that it offers. I do hope that they will offer complete editions of the EA games in the Premier service. And they do so with the more recent titles (BF, FIFA, Madden, Anthem are just a few). But i hope to see the same for the older titles. 

Message 7 of 7 (571 Views)