lowest skill gap of any game ever

by DontSilenceMe

Original Post

Re: lowest skill gap of any game ever

★★★★★ Guide

OP wrong.  The gun balance is very good!  Some weapons are meant to be early game and others late game, with some, like the prowler, that can be hopped up with select fire for a good late game weapon.  I agree with op that some weapons are easier to use then others but I don’t find a balance issue in the game because of it.  It’s simply the weapons play style and it’s built in on purpose.  For example an r99 is way harder to aim at a distance then a r301.  According to op logic the r99 is poorly balanced because it takes more skill to use it..,wrong.  The r99 is superior to the r301 at close range and it’s high recoil is there by design so it’s not as effective at longer ranges.  That’s one example out of many weapon comparisons we have.  Skill difficulty on a particular weapon is also dictated by how we are trying to use it.  Mastering all the unique weapons is a part of the fun.  That some are easier to use, others situational, some powerful and some weaker is all by design and makes it interesting.  How boring it would be if all guns had the same skill level, no range/damage variations, or had the same handling characteristics.  

As far as legends.  Agree the big boys hit boxes are an issue.  There attempting balancing now and slowly is best to find a balance for them.  Simple solution for you OP, pick another legend!  You have many to choose from.  The legend s skills are a mixed bag.  Some better then others but none so over powered that it’s causing a balancing issue.  

In in my humble opinion the balancing in this game is done very well.  There are issues to be ironed out but it’s still some of the best balancing I have ever seen out of the box, especially concerning all the various weapons and legends.  

Message 11 of 23 (327 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
This post ended up irrelevant the minute you decided to grade which weapons required skill. If anything you have to aim with any gun, and you can miss your shots with any gun. You failed to explain how the guns aren't balanced.

P.S. Any legend can be 'OP' if you use them the correct way.
Message 12 of 23 (323 Views)

★ Guide

i agree with you. i personally main a scout and run a 301 as a back up...

but my point is that these guns offer a simpler ease of use whilst providing massive damage. and i dont know what math your doing here but all the guns i mentioned will make for an easier kill than a wingman in a base v base scenario.

wingman v havoc at 150 health in the same building? havoc all day...maybe wingman but you sure as hell better land all 4 of those shots...cause 3/4 even though it required more skill only deals ya what 135? meanwhile spray n pray over there has 32 laser beams to shoot at ya with. and in case youre not familiar it takes 9 shots to kill at 150 health and would require 1s to do so as it fights 10 rnds per second WITHOUT the turbo charger

seriously though..just try to imagine this games SKILL GAP if it were nothing but scouts and wingmans and longbows...do you really think this enviroment is something a first time fps player could get a kill in? i dont think so...but he sure as hell can get an early game kill just spraying a spitfire in skull town or panic pressing rt with a peacekeeper...

Message 13 of 23 (295 Views)

★ Guide

so youre saying that there is a massive skill gap between a bot with a pk and a 4kd player with a 2020 in a skulltown building? im almost positive even though the 4kd player is better he will die to the 1 kd with the peacekeeper 

Message 14 of 23 (292 Views)

★ Guide

@unrealisticblood so your saying that acquiring tracking and timing firing for every shot of single fire weapons requires no more skill then acquiring and tracking a single time for a full auto?

Message 15 of 23 (288 Views)

★ Guide

@neillkorey still doing just fine without much help thanks 

still keeping my stats too....but feel free to go through my posts and tell me where the sbmm i want is at... its pretty apparent that im the carry based on the screen shots.

https://twitter.com/Fortnit91132899

Message 16 of 23 (278 Views)

★★ Expert
"but he sure as hell can get an early game kill just spraying a spitfire in skull town or panic pressing rt with a peacekeeper."

yup! 100% with you on this one...and yeah...love the scout too
Message 17 of 23 (270 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I've played the game over 100 hours and I've never run into any battles against Bots, so I must be damm lucky, but I have heard them out in the distance when they are just shooting away...

The game isn't about the Bots, it's about playing against 'Real People', so when you factor in playing the game the way it's meant against someone else, skill between the weapons can always change, and why do you suppose that is, because every situation with a real person is never going to be exactly the same.

Every gun at every different situation you encounter can either be easy or difficult depending on the skills of the player you are trying to hit.

But someone said it correctly; ' There are Early Game wepons and Late Game wepons' because someone better be very skilled at killing someone in Purple or Gold with an R45. Wink

Message 18 of 23 (256 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@DontSilenceMe wrote:

@neillkorey still doing just fine without much help thanks 

still keeping my stats too....but feel free to go through my posts and tell me where the sbmm i want is at... its pretty apparent that im the carry based on the screen shots.

https://twitter.com/Fortnit91132899

Lol Finally, I got your point. You play on console, from what I read, Spitfire, Devotion, PK, Havoc are common there.

I gonna tell you this, all the mentioned guns are not top tier guns on PC. The top tier weapons include R301, R99, Wingman, Prowler, Longbow in the current meta.

Guns like Spitfire, Devotion are inferior against any guns I list above. 

Message 19 of 23 (239 Views)

★ Guide

On Wraith:

I wouldn't say Wraith is broken in any shape or form, though the hitbox is smaller, however, she's a great Legend for either flanking or making portals so your teammates can group up with you for a third-party push or other tactile strats.

She's one of those champions where her abilities are only good if you know when and how to use them at perfect timing, such as getting flanked, low health, you're about to get grouped on by the same squad, many things.

Her abilities are not Overpowered either, except the exploit where you can make as many portals as you want (Plz fix) as i find that one of the most broken Abilities if you're either retreating or if your teammates are lazy.

You just need to be better at shooting at some of the Legends' models.

On Pathfinder:

Fix his hit-box

He's a "Really balanced Legend" when it comes to ignoring his hit-box that's in the game in this current version.

he's very fun to play and play against, especially when you see folks try to escape but they fail, using their hook incorrectly due to panicking,

he's not the greatest for me, but for a support unit, you can be that one squad that'll kill everyone from the high ground and get a solid win, and well, A win is a win.

by playing your own playstyle, new challenges approaches, thats why i find people who are at high mountains/highground with Snipers so fun to play against, you gotta find a different way to try and knock em out.

Message 20 of 23 (218 Views)