Re: lost password email

by CarbonCarl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

lost password email

★ Novice

I was trying to login to my ea account but e-mail linked to my account is a really old email which I don’t really have access to because it was created years ago and I don’t remember the password.

I really don’t even want access to the email, just want to be able to detach my playstation account from this ea account. Because I don't have access to the email, currently I am playing EA games with another ea account and I want to attach my playstation account to that new ea account. 

I have tried to contact playstation customer service but they say I can only detach the linking from my ea account, not from my playstation account.

I have also tried to request a live chat more than 20 times, on Mac, Windows, Edge, Internet Explorer, Chrome, but the pop up chat window never occured.

Message 1 of 8 (340 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @kozzs for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat or phone adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

If chat is not opening can you go ahead and disable any browser extension and try again. It's also worth trying to set up a case on your phone using mobile data to see if you see the same issue.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (307 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Hi @kozzs 

If you no longer have access to your email account and you want to unlink your PSN account from your EA account, then you will need to contact an EA adviser and verify your EA account details with them so they can unlink it for you. We are unable to help with that here on AHQ I'm afraid.

To contact an EA adviser use the following link: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Select Origin>Choose Platform>Manage Account and then choose the relevant topic or option and then select an available contact option

If you're having trouble with live chat working you could try another browser or device, otherwise you might need to email or call them.

Message 2 of 8 (324 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @kozzs for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

If chat is not opening can you go ahead and disable any browser extension and try again. It's also worth trying to set up a case on your phone using mobile data to see if you see the same issue.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 8 (308 Views)

Community Manager

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 8 (307 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Darko I've managed to make a phone call and solved my problem. Thanks a lot!
Message 5 of 8 (280 Views)

★ Novice
@CarbonCarl I solved my problem, it did helped! Thanks a lot!
Message 6 of 8 (279 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @kozzs.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 8 (254 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@kozzs Awesome glad you got it sorted Standard smile
Message 8 of 8 (245 Views)