Re: loot

by CCbathwater

Original Post

loot

★★★ Novice

Why do we still have white shield, helmet and knockdown shields?
Also there's a serious lack of weapons on first loots, the majority of the rounds I've only gotten
optics, mags, ammo etc and NO weapons until it's too late.

Message 1 of 6 (271 Views)

★★★ Guide

The white shields still serves a function as you can swap to them in early fights as a last resort.

The white helmets and knockdown shields however are completely pointless, and I totally agree with you when it comes to the weapon loot, or the lack there of.

On the new map especially. I've had multiple games, some in a row, where I've looted 3+ crates and ran through multiple buildings and still haven't found a gun.

Message 2 of 6 (231 Views)

★★★ Novice

shields I kinda get but still mostly pointless, usually in my case if we survive after a fight, I take the enemy's shield rather than from crates
due to them having either green or barely turning to lvl 2..
It's not just the new map that lacks weapons on early looting, it's the same in every map.
But yes it's way worse on the new map.

Message 3 of 6 (216 Views)

★★ Pro

wait! - you found ammo?!?!?

Message 4 of 6 (199 Views)

[ Edited ]

Unless the loot pool got changed this season, there are no white knockdowns or helmets spawned.  You find these when someone else dropped them.  I don't know how this bit of misinformation persists so long after the "starter kit" loadout change in season 9.  White shields are very important ground loot for what I'd hope would be an obvious reason.

Message 5 of 6 (179 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

If you find white stuff upon landing, you could simply just be in my lobby. I have at times dropped my stuff while flying to troll d***a** teammates who excessively ping enemies before anyone landed anywhere, so I in return can excessively ping "I need a helmet, I need a knockdown shield, I need a bagpack". ☺️

Message 6 of 6 (171 Views)