Re: linked account deleted by ea

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

linked account deleted by ea

★★★ Novice

There is an EA account linked to my Xbox account that has been deleted.  I didn't delete it and I can not recover it.  I try to reset the password, but I just get prompted to reset my password again.  I see other people on the forum with the same issue months ago and there is no fix.  I will not buy another EA product until this is resolved.  I can prove the Xbox account is mine so I should be able to take an account off of it.  Don't tell me to try support,  I did twice and they both said to recover the account and it doesn't work.

Message 1 of 4 (875 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

If you read my entire post you would see that I tried twice.  They tell me that they can't do anything until I recover the account by logging in to it.  I can't use the login with Xbox option because it tells me to reset my password and if I do reset my password it does nothing but tells me to reset my password again.  My Xbox account is being held hostage at this point.  I need to make an entirely new xbox account and buy the game pass on that in order to get the full functionality of the game pass.  I've found multiple forums where people have this issue and the only way to fix it is for the customer to recover an account that could be more than a decade old.  I knew EA was horrible, but my god.  I tried a third time with your directions and this is the message I got.

"Using the Xbox ID I found the account that was deleted. In order to restore it I will ask you to follow the guide below: RESTORING DELETED ACCOUNTS If you want to regain access to your account once we’ve deleted it, you may be able to reset the password to get back in. You’ll only be able to do this if you haven’t already created another EA Account using the same email address that was on the account when it was deleted. If you’ve already made a new account, you can change the email address on that account to reset the password for the deleted one."

This isn't a solution.  This is telling me to remember something that is like 10 years old.  I should be able to prove that the xbox account is mine or just log in through my xbox account.  Then they tell me that the account is deleted so they can't tell me any information.  Like if the account is actually deleted I wouldn't have this issue in the first place it's a complete lie.  A recoverable account implies that they still have the data to recover my account.  So quit lying to people that need help and just skip straight to telling them they are on their own.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (619 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey  @YogaFromStarWarfor issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat or phone adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (856 Views)

★★★ Novice

If you read my entire post you would see that I tried twice.  They tell me that they can't do anything until I recover the account by logging in to it.  I can't use the login with Xbox option because it tells me to reset my password and if I do reset my password it does nothing but tells me to reset my password again.  My Xbox account is being held hostage at this point.  I need to make an entirely new xbox account and buy the game pass on that in order to get the full functionality of the game pass.  I've found multiple forums where people have this issue and the only way to fix it is for the customer to recover an account that could be more than a decade old.  I knew EA was horrible, but my god.  I tried a third time with your directions and this is the message I got.

"Using the Xbox ID I found the account that was deleted. In order to restore it I will ask you to follow the guide below: RESTORING DELETED ACCOUNTS If you want to regain access to your account once we’ve deleted it, you may be able to reset the password to get back in. You’ll only be able to do this if you haven’t already created another EA Account using the same email address that was on the account when it was deleted. If you’ve already made a new account, you can change the email address on that account to reset the password for the deleted one."

This isn't a solution.  This is telling me to remember something that is like 10 years old.  I should be able to prove that the xbox account is mine or just log in through my xbox account.  Then they tell me that the account is deleted so they can't tell me any information.  Like if the account is actually deleted I wouldn't have this issue in the first place it's a complete lie.  A recoverable account implies that they still have the data to recover my account.  So quit lying to people that need help and just skip straight to telling them they are on their own.

Message 3 of 4 (620 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @YogaFromStarWar there is nothing that we can do in relation to this on AHQ.

We simply cannot assist with any account issues. 

If our live support team was unable to assist you then I'm sorry to say that there is nothing that we can do to change this.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (614 Views)